Chapter||Twenty Seven

NOT EDITED!! I'm sorry 😓

SKYLER'S POV*

"I guess we have to clean up and buy new things" I tell Alexander as he takes a seat on the couch. He looked very sad and angry at the situation.

I felt guilty

It was my fault.

I called a few people to make this as a way to throw everything out of his house, especially the food, I needed to help him get new supply of food. The silver in his food was no joke, and I need to see whether the doctor was on to something.

"Why don't you just move out?" I ask slightly curious to his response at my suggestion.

"Uh... haven't thought about it but maybe we should" he replies as he gently stared into my soul.

"Tell me when you want to go apartment hunting... okay? But for now let's go grocery shopping!!" I yank on his arm and get him to stand up. He chuckles at my aggressiveness and proceeds to get his shoes.

I was about to grab my shoes when we heard a knock from the door.

Who could that be?

"Oh it's Mrs. Anderson , My sister.... uh and someone else" he gazed at me in confusion. I shrugged and mouthed.

Open it

"Alexander, how are you sweetie? I haven't seen you guys in a while" Mrs. Anderson asked as she handed him a basket full of goodies. A women in her late thirties peeked behind her in a nervous manner.

"Alex!! Skyler!! Look what I got!! A bracelet from mommy" Anna shouted excitedly.

I realized Alexander hadn't taken the basket from her and was standing so still... almost as if he'd seen a ghost. His face became pale, like all the blood has rushed from his face and his hands shook gently.

I panicked and quickly went for his hands to give him warmth and for him to calm down.

"Mom?" His voice quivered. My eyes popped out my eye-sockets as I examined the scene that was taking place in front of me. Alex's eyes got teary as his voice broke once again.

"Get out!!" He yelled angrily. I grabbed his hand once again and pulled him to my scent.

"Honey, I'm sorry to show up like this but I wanted to see you" The brown haired lady, who was supposedly Alex's mom spoke softly. She quickly threw herself onto him, knocking me out of the way and into her son's arms.

I stumbled lightly and watched as she smiled creepily at me while hugging her son.

Alexander stood still furious at his mom and aggressively pushed her off.

"Alex you're a big boy , don't disrespect your mother now" Mrs. Anderson spoke, while she walked into the kitchen.

"Mrs. Anderson? Take her away and leave. I don't want ever see this person again." Alexander spat harshly as he pushed his mother outa the door.

"Alexander listen to me now!! I had reasons for what I did" she spoke softly as if she was about to tear up and break down.

"I- I was sick and I had little time to live, I decided to leave you so you can learn to live independently. The doctors found a cure and I'm back on my own feet. I'm really sorry for what you went through but I didn't know what also to do!" She broke down and grabbed on his shirt for dear life.

I felt like I was interrupting a family situation. I decided to walk into the direction of the kitchen, to clean the mess the people I sent made. Just as I was about to turn away, Alexander grabbed my hand and looked at me softly.

His eyes were telling me to stay and he was definitely hurting. I interlock our hands and glanced at his mom, who was already gazing back at me.

I couldn't really read his mom

She was beautiful but appeared to be intimidating and a woman with many secrets.

My wolf and my instincts were telling me not to trust her at my first gaze. She was Alexander's mom for goodness sake!

So I waited as they both argued and talked about why she left and what he went through without her by his side.

"Alex I'm sorry, but I'm healthy now and I want to spend time with my children" she said as she gently grabs Anna's small little hands.

"I gently yank on my mate's arm and stare at him with puppy eyes." His sad beautiful eyes stared down at me as he took a deep sigh and walked us into the direction of the kitchen.

"Give her a chance" I whispered.

"You don't understand, I don't want to give her a chance. Skyler, she could've told us about her health issues and we would've been there for her. What she did isn't acceptable and I'm not claiming her as my parent" he says frustrated as he slowly starts picking up the mess in the fridge.

"She's your mother at the end of the day" I whisper softly.

"But which mother leaves her children without explaining what she was going through." He takes a deep sigh with clenched up wrists.

"Alright, but for now let's go grocery shopping after this mess is cleaned up" I suggest once again. He nods and we both start picking up and getting rid of everything. I saw a blue bag on the kitchen table and went to grab it.

Suddenly my eyes land on a medium sized bottle with Grey liquid of some sort. I quickly get my phone out and take a quick picture of it.

I hope this isn't what I think it is.

"Who does this belong to?" I turn and ask Alexander while holding the bag up so he can see it.

"Mrs. Anderson" he replies while continuing whatever he was doing.

"A-Are you sure? " I stutter in shock as I looked into my mates eyes. This whole time he was getting poisoned with silver cause of this woman who was even Anna's babysitter.

Oh fuck!

I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, and with gentle effort I quickly put the bag in its place.

I realized Alexander was going to be heartbroken once again by someone he trusts.

  ___________________________________

I'm back? I'm sorry for not updating!!
I went through a lot at the end of 2019 and this year as well but I'm in a better place now. 

I'm sorry, love Mona💕