Chapter 16: Dana Por

Dedicated to Dat_John_Stone for guessing what Alana burned into Twist's door- the Shane symbol! Unfortunately, because of my lack of a computer at the moment, the dedication can't be official. At least until I get my laptop.

~~~~~~~~

Alana's POV

I was out cold, sprawled on my bed. The gang and I had been working pretty hard the past couple of days. Chasing Blakk's workers out of towns, and then other various adventures. Only yesterday we had gone to take a vacation day and went to see a movie at Snowdance Cavern. And of course, that went sideways when we got into a fight against the Hooligang and the ice ogres living behind the wall of ice that the movies were projected on.

And now I was enjoying some peaceful sleep. Common nightmares of ghouls, Shadow Clan, and falling into red and black portals weren't pestering my mind as much, so I was actually getting some fairly decent sleep.

Naturally, I was mad when I was disrupted.

"I could use some help in here!" I heard Eli yell. My reflexes kicked in, and before I was even completely awake, I was on my feet and grabbing my blaster. Still in my pajamas (a navy blue short-sleeved shirt and black shorts), I walked out of my room and onto the platform outside my door. The sight startled me- a girl who seemed to have a taste for Arachnet slugs was going around the hideout. She wore dark blue clothes and had pink hair (subtle, really).

"Not the preferable wake-up party," I said distastefully, and began firing at her. The girl was quick, I'd give her that. She swung around the hideout using her Arachnets like a super hero from the surface that Will Shane once told me about. Trixie and Kord emerged from their bedrooms and began to help, and Pronto was sleep-walking/eating. Helpful, really.

After a minute of slinging (and Kord getting chewed out by Trixie for using some explosive slugs in the house), we had the thief surrounded. Now I was fully awake- stuff like that woke you up almost as fast as coffee would, you know, and it's far more interesting than an alarm clock.

"This might be a lot easier if you just tell us what you want," Eli said. I nodded, curious- she wasn't using ghoul slugs, so she may not be working for Blakk. Well, she told us she wasn't working for him, but ever since Twist, I was having difficulty trusting anyone outside the gang. But who else would try and break into our hideout like this?

"I want my share of that treasure," she snapped, kicking Trixie away and firing another Arachnet. The thief perched on a windowsill. "And I promise you, I'll get it." And then, as quick as she had come, the thief was gone, leaving us all staring.

What just happened...?

"Does anyone know who that was?" Eli asked. Trixie shrugged. "I'm still going with one of Blakk's lackeys."

I frowned and shook my head. "But why would she lie about that? I mean, Blakk's an obnoxious jerk, he would love to rub it in if he got into our hideout. Not have his worker lie about it."

Eli nodded. "I'm more interested in the treasure she was looking for."

Trixie sat on the couch. "Obviously she was talking about the legendary Shane treasure." Shane treasure? I'd lived in the hideout for years and never heard of any treasure.

"If it's so legendary, how come I've never heard of it?" Eli asked. I nodded. "I haven't either, and I've lived here longer than all of you guys combined," I reminded. Kord crossed his arms. "Well, this wouldn't be the first time your dad kept something secret."

He has a point, I thought. But we weren't here to discuss Will's choices of secrets. We were here to figure out what that thief wanted.

"Who knows," Trixie said, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Some of it could be hidden here. Right under our noses!" Kord, Trixie and Pronto began searching the hideout, underneath desks and pillows. Eli and I exchanged an amused glance. Then his gaze trailed off to a portrait that hung on a wall, of him and Will.