Chapter 12

I downed a drink. Standing alone. He dated my cousin, my slutty cousin. The cousin that always gets what the fuck she wants. How do I compete with that?

"Jess," Jake said.

"So how long did you two date,"

"Three months ish," he said.

"Why did it end?"

"It just didn't work out," he said.

"Okay, I'm just curious you know?  You dated my cousin," which he already knew obviously I was just tryna wrap my head around. It would be fine if he dated my sister or something, someone mature enough to realise he's in a relationship and to leave him alone. But no, it had to be sasha. Maybe I'm other thinking, maybe she won't try anything on him. Just maybe. Who am I kidding? She stole my boyfriend when we were ten, my best friend when we were 14 and all my other friends a year later. I had a shit school experience because of her and her shenanigans.

"You know you have nothing to worry about right?"

"Who said I'm worrying? I'm not worrying, I never worry. In fact I'm the queen of un-" okay I'm worrying and jake looks rather amused.

"I mean it, me and sasha didn't bond well enough we weren't at all a great fit. So you don't need to worry,"

"And we had sex before we got together,"

"Jess that means nothing, have a drink I think you need it,"

"Nope," j said.  "No more drinks I gotta make sure no one steals my man," I said tapping his chest firmly making him smile nodding no amused.

1 hour later . . .

"So Jake how did you meet Sasha," Dan asked.

"Uh well-" he began.

"We met at a club, but basically through mutual friends." Sasha began. Always likes to have control. "We flirted a lot that night and he ended up taking me home. Then we had great sex and it became a thing, we became a thing,"

"Why did it end?" Casey asked.

"Because I was too much to handle," she said. "If yah know what I mean, " she said winking.

"More like because we argued all the time and sasha was been very obsessive," Jake said honestly looking at her. "You know I think I'm going to leave," he said.

"Ooh can I join, " I asked as he stood up. He smiled.

"Yes, Yes you can," I smiled getting up.

"Okay, well Casey I will come over tomorrow and help you clean up. And don't let her get too drunk Dan," I said pecking Casey cheek.

"Never," Dan said laughing a little.

"Love you," Casey shouted.

"Love you too," I shouted back smiling. We got outside and I saw his car.

"And this why you weren't drinking tonight," I said. "Makes a lot of sense," I said. He smiled.

"Why did you think I wasn't drinking?"

"Because-You know what, I have no idea," he laughed unlocking the car and opening the door for me. "Thank you for not lying to me about sasha,"

"I don't lie, I don't like to lie," he said. I smiled kissing him a little. Moving away getting into the car and he closed the door.

Whay a night, eh?