Chapter 40.

August

Ever since the docta' told us that the baby could be born any day now, I been stuck to Izel like glue.

I already told ha' she not leavin' my sight. I already had her bag packed and it was already in the trunk so hell yea I'm prepared.

"You wanna wake up na' or lata'?" I asked ha' while rubbin' on her stomach.

"Lata'." She mocked me while giggling.

"You gon' stop makin' fun of my accent. I'll fuck around and get my auntie ta' make a voodoo doll fa' you and curse that shit up." I chuckled.

"You would be the type of evil Louisiana folk to do that. I'm going back to sleep." She put the blankets over her.

I got up and was about to go get in the shower but I heard the doorbell.

I looked through the peephole and seen Tatianna. How the hell she knew this address?

"Yo, what you doin' hea'?" I stepped outside and closed the do' behind me.

"I just wanted to speak to you. You've been ignoring me after that gift I gave you.. I didn't get a thank you or anything." She looked up at me.

"Look, I don't know what ya' intentions was wit' allat, but I got a girl na', and she pregnant. You poppin' up at random times talkin' bout shit like this gon' make ha' wanna fuck both of us up-.."

"I don't care August!" She semi-yelled. "Only reason you're with her is because she's pregnant. I wish she would have never shown back up when me and yo-.."

"Leave Tatianna." I was bout ta' go back inside but she pulled me back.

"August, look me in my eyes and tell me none of what we had meant nothing to you." She looked like she was bout ta' start cryin.

I looked ha' in ha' eye and sighed.

"What we had meant some shit ta' me, but it don't now. I ain't neva' loved you like I love Izel. Don't come back hea'." I spoke before walkin' inside.

"Who was that?" Izel asked as she walked to the kitchen.

"Someone trynna sell somethin'." I shook my head. "Get out the kitchen." I frowned

"I'm not about to cook. I just want my little bites." She spoke while taking a pack out the box. "I have to go meet Jay somewhere at ten."

"Me and Travis gon' start movin these boxes ova' to the house in about an hour. I'll be gone befo' ya leave."

"Come take a shower with me." She smirked.

"You ain't even gotta tell me twice." I put my phone down.
-
Zane

I was in the car with Lea, waiting for her school doors to open. I came too early.

"Daddy, there's my teacher!" Lea was about to get out until she remembered her child lock.

I cut the car off and went to go open the door for her. As soon as I did, she ran up to her teacher and gave her a hug.

"Ms.Cortez, I made this for you." Lea reached in her book bag and gave her a drawing.

"This is amazing sweet heart! Thank you." She reached down and hugged her. "Did your dad sign the permission slip?" She asked while looking at me.

"Yea, but I got a question." I handed her the permission slip. "She allowed to carry her book bag with her?"

"Uhm, no, unfortunately she's not, but if you tell me what it is she needs, I promise I'll have it with me." She gave me a smile.

"It's her inhaler and her bug spray. You gonna carry all of that?" I rose a brow.

"It won't be a problem." She shrugged. "Just give it to me tomorrow morning, and I'll milly label it as hers so it won't get lost or anything."

"Thank you. I'll see you later, aight?" I bent down and gave her a hug and a kiss. "Love you."

"Okay, love you too." She hugged me before running off into the school.

"Hey, Mr.Porter." Her teacher stopped me from walking off. "Lea told me what happened. If you ever need anyone to speak to, I'm always available.. except school hours of course." She giggled. "But, I've been in your position before." She gave me a small smile.

I nodded my head. "Aight. Preciate it Ms.Cortez." I spoke before walking off.
-
Izel

I sat my purse down in front of me and I started to look around. I had completely lied to August, and I feel bad because I've been starting to lie to him a lot.

I was actually here to meet Reggie. I had texted him yesterday night, and surprisingly he texted back this morning.

"Hey, Izel." He came from behind me with a smile.

He looked really different. His skin was clearer, he had for sure gotten taller, and he had cut his hair a little.

"Hi." I smiled. "How are you?" I watched him sit in front of me.

"Good, you? I peep your stomach." He smiled.

"Yea, I'm good too. It's a girl." I smiled while rubbing my stomach.

"That's wassup." He nodded. "I'm glad you texted me. I actually missed you."

"Yea, uhm, I just wanted to talk to you about where we stand.."

"Well, aren't we apart?"

"We are, but-.."

"Then there's nothing to talk about, although, I do wish we could work out what we had." He sat back. "I meant it whenever I said I loved you."

"Oh please." I frowned. "You let Tatianna and Darrin almost kill me, don't say you loved me."

"They threatened my little sister, you think I was gonna let them hurt her?"

"But you sat there and didn't even try to do anything-.. You know what, I didn't ask you to meet me here so we could talk about that. I wanted to talk about us."

"Us? You must not be happy with August if you're meeting up with me." He smirked.

"I'm more than happy with August. Like I said, I'm only here with you for closure. We didn't get a chance to talk about how we felt, because your sneaky ass wanted to fake your death."

"I didn't fake anything, people just never told you what happened. I blocked you from my social media because I didn't like seeing you with him, or anybody else. I love you, and I always want you to be happy, so I left you alone." He grabbed my hand. "You never loved me huh? All that you said was lies?"

"N-no, I loved you... I still do, but-.."

"So why can't we be together?"

"Like you said, I'm happy with the person I'm with. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I broke August heart. I can't just leave him. He makes me happy, he makes me feel safe, and loved. I've never felt the type of love he gives me, from anyone. You don't make me feel safe, or loved anymore.."

He looked at me for a few seconds before standing up.

"I'm always gonna be here if you need me." He handed me a piece of paper before kissing me.

I gasped and pushed him away. "I won't be needing you Reggie." I pushed pass him and walked out.