The Omega Elder

I always wake up early. I don't know why, but I do. It's a habit of mine. 

Stepping out of my quick shower, I pull my clothes on in time to hear everyone else's alarms go off simultaneously. Wincing, I try and unfocus my hearing. I have this bad habit of being fine tuned to my surroundings. It's good for survival, but it's not fun when you're sitting in math class and have to listen to a couple makeout in the janitor's closet for half an hour. I swear, they barely even breathed!

It must be so much worse for everyone else in the pack, seeing how I'm the Omega, the weakest member of the pack. It's not like how all those fiction pieces make it out to be. I don't serve anyone. I don't have to. That varies from pack to pack. I'm simply the weakest member, which is unfortunate, because I always feel like I'm being shown up by the other members. Well, what can you do?

Tugging on a hoodie, I grab my phone and leave my bedroom, treading down the stairs towards the kitchen. I can smell the coffee from here, and it's tantalizing. I love coffee, even though I don't need it. I enter the kitchen to find our alpha making breakfast. Our alpha is more like a dad to us all than a dictator, though I can't say the same for all packs out there. He has deeply tanned skin, chocolate brown eyes, and salt and pepper hair. He's muscular and tall, pretty intimidating to everyone who doesn't know him, but he's actually very kind and gentle.

"Morning, Adam," he tells me, handing me a cup of coffee. 

I smile in thanks and take the mug from him. "Good morning, Alpha." He ruffles my hair and finishes cooking some rather delicious smelling eggs. He's an absolutely fantastic cook. 

Sipping my mug, I go and sit down at the table, playing on my phone until I hear two sets of footsteps heading down the stairs.

Markus and Daniel are the only other members in our tiny little pack. Daniel has curly golden hair and big beautiful amber colored eyes. Not to mention, he's rather small and has feminine features, but don't let that fool you. What he lacks in physical build, he makes up for in speed and intelligence. He's actually pretty unstoppable in a fight, but what else would you expect from the alpha's son? 

Markus, on the other hand, is a powerhouse. He's huge and extremely muscular. His hair is cut rather uniquely. All sides of his head are shaved, but the top of his head has a huge mop of black hair with red stripes in it. His features are dangerously chiseled, making him look like a Calvin Klein model with bright green eyes. He also has a thing for black, which suits him. 

They're both extremely beautiful.

And then there's me...

I have shaggy, deep brown hair, skin that stays a deathly pale, no matter how much sun I get, and I have an average build. There's hardly any fat on my body from all the running and exercise I get as a wolf, but I don't exactly have a six pack either. My features are rather unisex, too, not really feminine or masculine. The only things I actually think are beautiful and unique on me are my eyes. They're a vibrant cyan that I absolutely adore, but that's literally all there is to me.

"Morning, guys," I greet, taking greedy gulps of coffee while Alpha cooks.

"Morning, Adam," they chorus, having seemingly woken up in a great mood.

They both plop down in chairs, pouring themselves glasses of orange juice. They both hate coffee with a passion, and, frankly, I don't understand it at all. I swear, they're more alike than twins, but they aren't even related.

Alpha sets plates, filled with eggs, bacon and buttered toast, down in front of us, and we all scarf it down like the wolves we are. It's absolutely delicious, and I stuff myself with as much of it as possible, leaving nothing but crumbs scattered atop the plate.

I barely have time to compliment the meal before I'm being dragged out the door by Markus and Daniel. We have to go to school, as much as I hate the hole in the ground. What makes it even worse is that we have to walk to school. As much as I love running and such, I'm really not in the mood for it most mornings.

"Pick up the pace, Adam," Markus tells me, glancing over his shoulder at me. "You're gonna be late at the speed you're going."

I begrudgingly speed up my walk, traversing behind them and getting lost in thought. I tend to daydream and zone out a lot, which aggravates a lot of people, but I can't stop it. I just daydream about things without really meaning to.

The three of us make it to the school without incident, unlike last time when a drunken woman passed out in the middle of the road, but that's a story for another time. Snapping out of another daydream, I quickly realize that Markus and Daniel have already gone their separate ways, leaving me alone. In any other circumstance, I wouldn't mind, but this is school. Bad things can happen at school.

"Hey, loser," someone purrs into my ear. It's quiet, but, with the way my hearing is, they might as well have shouted it from a few feet away.

I spin around, meeting the gaze of Andrew Mathews, my longtime bully. I will admit, he's rather attractive. He has pale skin and pitch black hair that's always gelled back, he's as muscular as you would expect a jock to be, and he has a thing for tight, black clothing. His bluish grey eyes study me like I'm nothing but prey to him, and I barely catch sight of his two cronies, Paul and Jesse, standing behind him. 

Paul is an average height but lanky boy, who wears baggy clothes that emphasize how small he really is. He has curly red hair, pale skin, and freckles dusting across his cheeks. His bluish green eyes are always unsure but focused, which is always something I found intriguing.

Jesse is the tall, dark, and handsome type kind of guy mixed with the strong and silent type of guy. He has dyed black, punk styled, hair that always covers one of his chocolate brown eyes, which usually have eyeliner on them. He always wears skinny jeans and hoodies, but the scary amount of muscles the clothes cover is unmistakable. 

I swallow thickly as Andrew's coffee tinted breath leaks into my nose, making me hold back a gag. Has he seriously never heard of a breathmint? Then again, my breath probably smells the same, so I can't say anything.

"Let's go for a walk," he murmurs, wrapping an arm around my waist and dragging me to the side of the school, out of sight from everyone's oblivious eyes. 

It saddens me to say that I know where this is headed. He's done this to me before. As soon as we're out of sight, he throws me to the wall where he knees me in my stomach. I double over as pain flashes through me, trying to catch my breath. He doesn't even pause when he punches me in the side of the face, sending me to the ground with the force of the hit. I taste blood in my mouth and immediately spit it out, dotting the concrete with the crimson liquid. The metallic taste makes me want to gag as he kicks me in the side, making a pained gasp escape. He just keeps kicking and kicking until, finally, he stops. My breathing is labored and shaky as I try to suck in oxygen. 

"We'll see you later, bitch," he curses, spitting at the ground near me. I cringe away from him, scared of getting hit anymore than I have been already.

I can smell the anxiety coming off of him strongly, and I let out a sigh. I know he doesn't hate me. I'd be able to smell it if he did. He just always smells anxious whenever he delivers my beatings. He's just taking all of his frustration out on me. I know it's stupid of me to not fight back and just take it, but I can't help it. My wolf won't let me, and I can't let myself either. As much as I hate to admit it, I care for the jerk.

And I can't think of anyone worse to be mated to.

That's right. Andrew Mathews, the jerk of a jock that does nothing but piss people off and my longtime bully, is my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey my lovely little nuggets! What do you think of the story so far? I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who is reading this! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have a fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones