Chapter 12: Not Yet

"I'm so sorry, Sheriff. This won't happen again."

I glance sympathetically at my fellow pack members as they look down in shame. It turns out that Lila, Markus, Daniel, Jesse, and Paul ended up causing trouble at the crime scene, which was still being investigated, and the sheriff took them back to the station. 

"It better not, for their sake," Jennifer Hallen, the town's sheriff replies.

Her long, dirty blonde hair is in a ponytail, and her golden badge gleams proudly on her chest. Her hands are placed on her thin waist, uncomfortably close to the firearm holstered there. She's strict and hated by every teenager that plans to do something illegal, but she knows what she's doing, which is more than I can say for our last sheriff, an overweight and easily bribed man with an unhealthy addiction to tacos. He was rather pitiful. Her narrowed blue eyes stare at Alpha calculatingly, and I want to shrivel away from her. She's scary, even for a human.

Making sure to stand behind Andrew, I watch as Alpha tries to reassure the strict woman, knowing that he's not pleased with his pack. 

The sheriff reluctantly lets the boys go with a severe warning. If they ever cross one of her crime scenes again, she's going to make sure they regret it, and I'll tell you one thing. I don't detect any lies coming from her.

We all silently walk outside and pile into the car. Someone has to sit in someone else's lap because of the lack of seating in the car. Lila refuses to sit on anyone's lap, so Paul ends up sitting in Markus's. I'm a little disappointed that I don't get to sit on Andrew's, but I guess sitting next to him is good enough.

As Alpha silently fumes, no one dares to speak. I can see why he's mad, though. We're supposed to stay off the radar of the police and be good citizens. As horrible as it is, werewolf hunters exist, and being in the system is a good way to be tracked down and killed. I've seen it happen before, and it's not a pretty thing to witness. Being smart, I decide to sit still and stay quiet.

I can't tell you how long I stare at Andrew's hand on the ride home. It's resting on his lap as he stares ahead, looking at the windshield and not paying attention to my, admittedly smoldering, gaze. I glance to his face, and I can tell he's thinking hard about something. It wouldn't surprise me if he were thinking about that kiss we shared. Hell, I can't stop thinking about it either. I want to do that again and again, and I want to do more than just that. I feel myself blush. Gosh, I'm such a pervert.

Impulsively, I take his hand in mine and look out the window innocently. I can feel his gaze flash to me the instant our skin connects, but I can't tell what kind of look it is. He gives it a slight squeeze, and I slowly and shyly look up to him, terrified of the kind of look I'll get. Thankfully, he isn't uncomfortable or angry, but, instead, he looks curious and a little hopeful.

I feel a shy smile capture my lips and squeeze his hand gently, hoping to get my point across. He seems to understand the gist of it, but, when he tries to open his mouth to reply, gets cut off by Alpha, who has stopped the car.

"Okay, everybody out and in the house." 

We all leap up from our seats and rush inside. The last thing I want to be is on Alpha's bad side. Standing close to the stairwell, I'm pleasantly surprised by Andrew coming to stand beside me. Neither of us say anything as Alpha paces the room and sighs. 

"I know what you guys were trying to do," he says at long last, sitting down on the back of the couch and running a hand through his hair. "I'm proud that you're trying to help, but you guys are teenagers. I want you to relax and not have to deal with murderers and life or death situations." He looks at us all in turn and then nods. "Tomorrow, you are all going to hang out at the mall and act like normal teenagers with normal lives." With that, he sends us all to bed.

It's a rather hot night so I decide to sleep in my boxers. Just as I'm about to get into bed, I hear a knock at my door. Raising an eyebrow when I recognize Andrew's scent, I open the door shyly, making sure it blocks my body. I know I'm not ugly, but I'm not exactly confident about my body either.

"Hey," he says quietly. He's in a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt. He looks to the carpeted floor, uncharacteristically shy. "C-Can I sleep with you tonight?" he asks, and I can tell he means it in an innocent way. 

I nod silently and step aside, letting him in before shutting the door behind him. I can hear Andrew's breathing and steady heartbeat as he sits on the bed, staying silent. I slowly turn around to see his eyes traveling up and down my body. I feel myself become flushed and shyer than usual. This feels like foreplay, and it's kind of exhilarating.

I walk over to the bed and sit on his right, nervously tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Andrew exhales rather heavily, and I bite my lip to hold back a smile. I can't believe how far we've come. I feel the bed dip as he leans towards me, and his hand pulls my face into a gentle and slow kiss that makes my heart flutter. Letting my eyes flutter shut, I lean into the kiss, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

I feel his hand glide to the outside of my thigh, pulling my right leg towards him to get a better angle. Without thinking, I lay back on the bed, pulling him down with me. He breaks away in order to push me farther up the bed, before he goes right back to kissing me, laying in between my legs. I feel myself growing hotter as our lips move together in sync, and, when I feel his tongue glide along my bottom lip, I can't help the moan I let go. He pauses, as if wondering about it, but I quickly get him to continue when I practically shove my tongue into his mouth. He grinds against me as we kiss, and I have to break the kiss. Moaning lewdly, I beg him for more, making his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. He complies, nonetheless, grinding harder and making me pant and moan.

I eagerly reach for his pants, but he stops me. "I-I'm not..." He swallows thickly and looks at me.

He's not ready, and he's scared. I feel a fond smile grace my lips, and I cup his face lovingly. "Okay," I tell him. I kiss him gently and then sit up. "Let's go to bed, okay?"

He nods before getting off of me and plopping into place next to me. I pull the covers over both of us and smile when he curls up next to me. We don't talk about what we're becoming, and I don't think we need to. We're important to each other, and that's what matters. I know he doesn't love me, not yet, anyway. He's still scared, and he's still falling for me. I know he'll fall eventually, and I can wait for that.

We don't talk about our feelings, because we're guys. Guys don't do that. Instead, we just fall asleep in each other's arms, and that's okay with me, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave comments and such! I love reading what y'all write :3 Anyway, I'll see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones