Chapter 9: So Close...

Things around the pack house have been kind of chaotic ever since I came back.

Not only are we all staying together in the house for the summer, the entire pack, humans included, have been barely leaving me alone since I got hurt. I've tried telling them that I'm okay, but they still do things for me. It's like they're trying to take care of me. I don't mind when they want to cook or clean for me, but, when they try to accompany me to the bathroom, I draw the line. Frankly, that's just uncomfortable.

Things haven't been the same on the investigative front either. Alpha has been looking into things about Elders and their abilities, but he hasn't been able to find anything. Not to mention, there hasn't been any signs of the rogue wolves that attacked me. They even covered their scent, so we pretty much have nothing to go on.

Everyone has been trying to distract themselves and stay close together. I can tell that we're all still nervous about what happened. It's kind of funny. I'm seemingly the most relaxed, and I'm not even that relaxed.

"Daniel, Lila, what the Hell, guys?" I ask, watching TV like a normal teenage boy. The two werewolves previously mentioned are sitting on either side of me and are plastered to my sides, nuzzling my neck. They're scenting me, something werewolves tend to do. We mix our scents in order to signal the relationship and bond the pack shares.

"Shut up," Lila says, and Daniel hums in agreement. I roll my eyes at them and continue watching some show about strange addictions.

"Hey guys what do you- what?" Andrew stops up short when he sees the three of us. I could've sworn that I saw a flash of jealousy in his eyes as he raises an eyebrow at the three of us. "I'm very confused," he states. 

Lila and Daniel hum, barely acknowledging the human in the room. "They won't stop scenting me," I  tell him, gesturing to the pack members that are practically on top of me.

"Scenting?" he asks, uncomfortably studying his sister as she nuzzles my neck.

I beckon Jesse over, and he thankfully obeys, looking rather confused. I manage to switch spots with him, and Lila whines before laying down on his lap tiredly. Daniel, however, keeps going. In fact, he seems to get even more into it. I know he has a thing for the stoic teen.

"It's a thing that pack members do to each other. It strengthens the bond that we have." I shrug and start walking. I don't expect him to follow me, but he does.

"Uh, look, Adam," he starts awkwardly as we walk into the backyard. It's empty, save for the two of us. I raise an eyebrow at him. "You do know that Lila is a lesbian, right?" He looks at me as if expecting a saddened reaction, but I nearly laugh.

I actually let a chuckle escape as I nod. I actually was able to figure that out when I kept seeing her eyeing the Victoria's Secret models on the TV. "I know," I tell him simply, sitting in one of the chairs.

"You're not disappointed?" he asks, confused as he sits next to me. Does he really still think that I'm into his sister?

I chuckle at him and touch his hand. "Andrew, I'm gay," I tell him, taking my hand off and running it through my hair. "I have no interest in your sister."

He looks surprised yet a little excited. He gapes at me like a fish with wide eyes, before blinking stupidly and blushing. "Oh," he says dumbly.

I laugh a little at him and lay back in the chair, looking up into the cloudy sky. I don't know why, but I like cloudy days much better than sunny ones.

"I never would have pegged you as a gay guy," he says, switching chairs to sit in front of me.

I grin up at him and nod. "Yup, I'm a bottom and everything. The whole nine yards." I wink at him playfully, laughing as his face flames.