Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.
8/14/18

I walked up the creaking stairs of the old abandoned house, watching my step to avoid falling through the holes in the floor where the wood has rotted out.

'I should turn back;' I thought to myself ' It was probably just little white lie parents had made; to keep their children out of this place.'

After a few agonizing minutes Of walking, I had finally reached the top of the stairs, a short hallway stood in front of me. Its wallpaper was peeling, the windows were broken, but even with the hallway in ruins, one thing stood out; The Stench.

It was a mixture of several things, But one smell had overpowered the rest; Death.
The house reeked of death whether from the rodents that died in walls or elderly couple that had been found murdered here, years ago.

I walked down the narrow hallway mindlessly looking at the graffiti that littered the walls,
I had slowed my pace a little with each step to postpone my meeting with whatever was inside that room, even if it was just by a few seconds.

Finally, I stood in front of the old rotten door, it had little markings engraved on it;
gathering up my courage and taking a deep breath.

I twisted the handle and walked in..

-------------------------

Hey there!

This is a story I plan to work on for a while, so feedback is encouraged!  :)