Chapter four

I was awoken to the sound of barking, I turned at looked at the clock that was placed to the left of my bed. 

it was 2 am, so why the hell was I up?

I pulled the blankets off my self and grabbed my slippers seeing as Rubix was probably barking to be let outside.

I followed the sound of barking to the kitchen. there stood a short chubby figure.

I quietly turned and made my way to the wall, where the light switch was; I flicked it on. 

I noticed it was an older woman, maybe in her late 80s.

"Ma'am, I think you might be in the wrong place" I spoke softly, trying my hardest to not frighten her.

"OH, Hello there darling, I hope you excuse me, but I can't seem to remember how I arrived here..." she spoke in a soft voice.

"That's quite alright ma'am, come  have a seat", I spoke while gesturing to the couch," lets try to figure out where you came from"

the elderly woman waddled her way to the couch and tried to sit down.

I reached out to grab her hand, so I could help her sit, but it only phased through her...

my eyes widened; I reached out once again in an attempt to grab her hand.

"Sweety, you must stop doing that, it's tickling my old bones," she said almost laughingly

"Ma'am!", I spoke seriously, "This may be crazy, but I think I might be dead"

'' Oh no darling, it's quite the opposite; im the ones whos dead" she said laughing, "you're just experiencing the result of it."

I froze in my spot ' this woman was dead? That's impossible, she looks so alive even with her being much older in age'

" I'm sorry but, I just can't believe that, if your dead how come I can see you?"

" Sweetie, you might be able to see me, but can you touch me? Cant, you tell I'm not truly here? I might be a figure of your imagination or a dream." she said while seeming to be almost staring into me, reading my mind, seeing all my secrets and regrets.