Chapter 12

Sports Festival
Showdown

"Sometimes I do feel like a failure. Likes there's no hope for me. But, even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!"
~ Izuku Midoriya (Bnha/MHA) ~

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic or Telepathic
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Spells, Super Moves, or Author Speaking

~ Let's get ready to RUMBLE! ~

"And Team Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugo, and Tokoyami move on!" Midnight announced as everyone else looked at the selected 4 teams as they celebrated respectfully. With Katsuki clicking his tongue, Shoto standing there apathetically, Tokoyami watching his team celebrate, and Izuku standing patiently and obediently for Momo's orders. "We'll be taking a lunch break before the third event."

After that, the audience started to leave the stadium as most of the students left to spend time with their friends. "Hey, Izuku." Called out Momo as Izuku looked towards his mistress. "Let's go get some food together, I hear they have fresh takoyaki~!" She sang as they started to run together towards the festival stalls.

Two orders of takoyaki and sitting under a tree later, Momo was resting her head on Izuku's shoulder which was surprisingly soft for some reason though Momo didn't say anything about. A while later, the stadium started to fill up and the two lovebirds ran to their class's reserved seating where everyone was already seated.

"Thank you for waiting!" Midnight shouted as she walked back to the podium Cementoss made for her which was a bit away from the larger platform that he created during the break. "If you didn't guess, our third and final event will be an elimination-style tournament!" She said as each screen displayed an empty bracket or the faces of the 16 participants.

"With that said, let's find out who is in the first match!" Present Mic declared as half the screens started to randomly scroll through two potential fighters. And once they stopped, Izuku and Mei were picked. "The first match will be Izuku Midoriya versus Mei Hatsume! Fighters you have five minutes to get ready!"

So, both went to different waiting rooms devising a strategy to show off their abilities but were called to the arena earlier than expected. "From the Support Department, let's welcome Mei Hatsume, the ever-failing engineer!" Midnight said as Mei walked to the arena with some of her support gear on. "Then from the Hero course, let's welcome Izuku Midoriya, the ever-faithful butler!" She said as Izuku too walked to the arena, but just in his P.E. uniform.

"Begin!/Begin!"

As both Midnight and Present Mic shouted at the same time, both fighters didn't move and merely observed each other for their next move. But Izuku went first and used his new favorite spell, Bīsutoreiji to start off by breaking the ground. Yet the move didn't yield the greatest results since Mei had a jetpack on so she moved out of the way.

"You're a skilled fighter, Midoriya," Mei said as Izuku stood ready to fight with an orange aura around him. "But are you ready for my babies!?" She said as she got in close and threw one of her gadgets on Izuku's chest, which started to shock him with mass amounts of electricity.

But he didn't back down, merely flinching at the attempt to paralyze him. So he tried to rip off the gadget but it wouldn't budge, and so, he took off his shirt revealing his toned 12-pack and body that most women would gush over. "Sorry, I'm not going down that easily." He said as he appeared in front of Mei. "My sensei and mistress would be quite disappointed after all." He said casually before using the Han jūryoku spell to push Mei out of the arena effortlessly.