Chapter 13

Sports Festival
Surprise Finale

"I can't say that the ending of a story is always the best part of the story, and yet there's sort of this implicit idea that the finale is somehow supposed to be the mind-blowing best episode of a show. The question is: Why is that? Why do people make that assumption?"
- Carlton Cuse -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Telepathy or Electronic
*For* - Sound Effects and Actions
"Reading!" - Spells and Super Moves

~ It's time to end this. ~

After Izuku's match with Shoto, the latter has been resting in the infirmary and hasn't woken up for a reason known only to Izuku and Daenerys. But Momo and Izuku have been watching the matches with the dragon hatchlings who have grown to the size of a tank within Daenerys's dimension, though no one complained since they seemed well behaved and obedient. While they did this, the two watched the three matches from Tenya Iida fighting Ibara Shiozaki, Mina Ashido versus Eijiro Kirishima, and Katsuki Bakugo versus Fumikage Tokoyami.

Tenya, Eijiro, and Katsuki won in the end but Tenya had to leave so Eijiro and Katsuki had to fight next. But in the end, Eijiro was overpowered passed the defensive capabilities of his quirk, so Katsuki ended up winning. Which leaves the last and final match to be Katsuki Bakugo versus Izuku Midoriya.

"Izuku, do you think you'll win?" Momo asked as she next to Izuku with her head in the crook of his neck as he pulled her closer, but Katsuki was just announced as the winner of the last semi-final match.

In response, Izuku held her tighter to reassure her. "I'll win, but I don't know how long he will drag the fight for." He answered with a look of worry that Momo spotted right away before she kissed him on the cheek.

"You'll be fine and whatever happens, I will always love you." She said sweetly before the two looked each other in the eyes, ready to kiss among many other things, but their moment was quickly stopped by an unlucky onlooker.

"Save it for the bedroom!" Shouted Mina as Momo instinctively jumped into Izuku's arms and the two were blushing madly. Behind her was the rest of Class 1-A's girls along with Fumikage, Denki, and Eijiro. "Come on, I want to see the finale!" She shouted as Izuku let Momo onto her feet before jumping down to the arena, creating a small crater around him.

"That's one way to get to the match... " Said Kyoka awkwardly as she looked at the arena, where Katsuki angrily walked to after Izuku landed. Though everyone was shocked at the sudden of the appearance of the boy.

But instead of starting the match immediately, Present Mic decided to entertain the audience while they filed into the arena. "On the left side, we have Katsuki Bakugo! The resident anger management reject and second-rate hero-wannabe!" He shouted as the crowd giggled and Katsuki looked like he was about to throw a fit. "Then on the right side, we have Izuku Midoriya! The magic-using butler, living a life every man would want!" He shouted again as Izuku chuckled along with the crowd but stopped as he closed his eyes and seemed to relax.

"Let the battle begin!" Midnight shouted as Katsuki rushed towards his opponent, who stood there with his eyes closed.

~ Let's Start The Battle Music! ~
~ Ultimate Battle - Dragon Ball Super ~

As Katsuki was about to fire off a huge explosion in Izuku's face, time seemed to slow down for the latter as he opened his blood red eyes. With time slowed down, he grabbed Katsuki's right arm before swinging him back towards the other side of the arena. Then time continued normally as everyone saw Izuku standing in the same spot with red eyes, almost demonic as he tried to suppress the demonic urge to kill Katsuki for all he's done. While the blonde bully was getting off the ground with a death glare directed towards Izuku but was just stared back it apathetically, as Izuku looked like he was fearless and knew he was going to win.