Chapter 9 {I promise}

The rest of lunch continued on, full of laughter and jokes and Seth's refusal to release my hand. Not that I really ever made a fuss about it, I mean it's completely ok for friends to hold each other's hands. Oh god, what am I thinking?

The group was just waiting for Quentin to get back with nacho fries for everyone, Seth's pointer finger traced my palm. This caused me to shiver internally, maybe it was time to try and remove his hand. I lightly tug at his hand as Nik and Dane were talking about how funny it was that Quentin couldn't remember any girls names.

"This is the third one this week that he couldn't remember her name soon the girls are going to band together and fucking kill the poor boy."

I was tugging at his hand harder causing a low growl to emit from his throat and press his hand onto my thigh. This caused my eyes to widen in surprise causing the table to silence and look at their unofficial leader. The tension at the table causes my cheeks to flush and look anywhere but the boy who had his hand on my thigh. My core was burning at his touch and I was ashamed of how dirty I felt

"Well everyone, I got the cheese fries with extra cheese so I hope no one has a dairy allergy. Oh goodness me what lad pissed off the beast?"

Quentin had walked up placing the cheese fries on the table not realizing until it was too late the tension that shrouded the table. No one replied to Quentin so he shrugged and took a seat.

"Alright then,"

I turn to Seth finally gaining enough courage to look him in his beautiful eyes.

"Can I have my hand back Seth."

He turns to me abruptly at my whispered words, the group was now all staring at us with scared eyes. More specifically at the pissed off Seth. Oh, damn him.

"Only if you want me to place my hand somewhere else."

"Seth Knight, mind your manners I'm a lady."

I ripped my hand from his and stomped away from the group outraged at how he was treating me. He can't just make me hold his hand and say dirty stuff to me. God honestly just because I'm a brunette he must feel he has to conquer me as well. I should just wear that lace front straight blonde wig I bought a long time ago, then he would see me as a friend I know it. As I heard his growl I picked up my pace and hightailed it right out of the cafeteria.

I heard his footsteps behind me causing me to grimace and slow my steps, I knew he would catch me. His arms found my waist pulling me to him reluctantly I let him as he pulled me into a nearby closet. Oh no, I can't be alone in close quarters for I won't be able to control my urges. He was leaning into me as I looked anyway but his eyes as his hand grip my ass tightly.

"What happened to the white knight who would save me? Seth where has he gone and where can I find my best friend."

His eyes soften at my words his hands loosening but keeping their grip on my butt. My smile peaked out at the progress. I was getting through to him. He's not just this brute he hides behind.

"Talk to me, Seth,  I'm right here."

My hand gently caressed his face causing all the muscles tight to release at my touch. His eyes watered as brought his hand to my waist making me wrap my hands around his neck bring him in for a hug.

"Bee, it's so hard not to miss him."

I knew his father was troubling him. I held him as he cried sitting him down and sitting beside him as he wept.

"Without you, I felt as if I lost all that made me human."

He sounds crazy, but I continued to hold him. What does he mean what made him human? He is human. Right?

"I'm here now, and I promise I won't leave you anytime soon."

His grip tightened at my words bring me into his lap cradling me.

"Never, you're never going to leave me, Belle. Promise me."

I look into his eyes a lot darker than I rememeber his voice was shakingly desperate.

"I promise."

What else what I was supposed to tell a weeping man? No, and ruin all the progress I had made having him open up to me. I think not. His embrace did not loosen, but he didn't tighten it.  I heard the bell ring and I looked up at him his tear stricken face free of any salty drops. I wipe whatever was left on his face with my hand.

"We have to go to class now Seth,"

His resounding growl made me frown. Oh come on.

"Please Seth."

"What class do you have next?"

"Ap Calculus."

He mouth widens into a smirk as he pulls me to my feet, his hand refusing to let mine go. Damn it, right back where we started.

"What a coincidence Bee, I have Ap Calc too. I can take you."

He opens the closet door to the flowing hallways filled with students. A couple of the girls gave me scary girls as he tugged me into the bright fluorescent lights. Some guys gave me a once over and Seth pulls me to his side putting his arm around me removing my scarf covering his hickeys. A couple of the brunettes are glaring me down with a look of bloody murder in their eyes. The boys looked back at me in a different light and now looked away from me quicker than I could snort in aggravation.

"Are you trying to have them murder me?"

The brunettes would surely kill me now, walking out of a closet, cheeks flushed and covered in hickeys with Seth's arm wrapped around me. I was so embarrassed and praying the hair I moved onto my neck would cover his marks before any more people saw.

"On the contrary Bee, I'm just making sure everyone knows your mine."