0.4

" He was proud of his daughter

" He was proud of his daughter. "

It was an incredibly slow and rather bleak day for the teenager. Rowan, after returning from Vienna with an open wound on her forehead, got into an intense screaming match with her father. Tony accused the girl of being irresponsible, of blatantly disobeying his number one rule of never get involved with Avengers matter.

Rowan, being the conservative little girl she is, had fought back, claiming she was old enough to make her own decisions and if she wanted to get involved, she could without a fuss. This caused Tony to blow up and, with a clenched jaw and pounding headache, sent the girl up to her room.

It was a painless punishment compared to the past groundings and loads of chores that kept the girl on her feet until two in the morning; so the brunette didn't protest and walked away from her red-faced Dad and up into her very large, nicely-decorated room.

And as the girl lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, wondering why she was let off the hook so easily, it suddenly clicked. Like a lightbulb had just went off in her head. Even though she obviously defied her Dad and went to that business meeting in Vienna, deep down, underneath all of that animosity and impatience he felt for his daughter at that moment, there was a twinge of pride. What Rowan did back in Vienna, using her powers to not only save herself but Natasha from an inevitable death, tweaked something in Tony's seemingly dark heart. He was proud of his daughter. But he wouldn't show it. Their relationship wasn't quite strong enough for Tony to be able to kiss Rowan on the forehead and say 'you did great, kid.' It just wouldn't happen.

It pained Rowan sometimes to not be able to have a nice sit-down conversation with her Dad over a bowl of ice cream whenever she wanted. Firstly, they were both way too busy for that; secondly, again, they just didn't roll that way. Their relationship was built on tough love, respect, and in the end... loyalty. No matter how much her father pissed her off, Rowan would never turn her back on him. It was them against the world, forever. Tony would be there for his daughter always, to support her in every decision she made, to love her no matter what-no matter how many stupid decisions she made, he would be there for her. As Rowan would for him.

They just wouldn't dare show it.

It sometimes got lonely for Rowan around the Compound sometimes. She could never really attend school, her educational system always being F.R.I.D.A.Y (who did one hell of a job as the girl learned to read at a twelfth grade level at the age of ten), which meant she never really made friends; her age at least. She also didn't really have time or the patience for a boyfriend. The last guy she had a crush on was her next door neighbor back at their Malibu house around a year ago. He ended up being gay. Rowan hadn't had a crush since.

Now Rowan spends her time practicing her powers, playing Uno and Go Fish with Steve and Natasha, and occasionally sneaking into rowdy high school parties where she'd go to get cross-faded with a mixture of hard lemonades and loosely rolled joints all the while getting danced on by large, sweaty guys who had the faces of Greek gods.