0.0

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid? "

a little paranoid? "

Wanda Maximoff sits alone at a corner cafe, her auburn hair flowing past her shoulders and a pair of dark sunglasses shielding her captivating eyes.

A crackling sounds corrupted her focus, Steve Roger's voice ringing clearly through the radio hidden cleverly behind her long locks, "All right, what do you see?"

Scarlett Witch, adding sugar to her bitter coffee, takes a sip before taking a sweep of her surroundings, "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras." Wanda added, her painted fingernails tapping against the warm mug nervously.

"Both cross streets are one way."

Wanda craned her neck, noticing the way the cars stayed in line, not one making a u-turn or turning left at the market. Her brows furrowed. It wasn't like this criminal to choose such a public, lively place with little room to make a full escape to make his next move. This gave the young girl a funny feeling in her gut, like all of this-the small town and one-way streets, wasn't right. But, for the team's sake, she swallowed down her feelings and replied "So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Wanda leaned back, catching a glimpse of the sleek, brand new car, "Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha's smooth voice rang through the radio, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha added.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam Wilson spoke, his tone accusing.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha replied, the smirk evident in her voice.

"Eyes on target, folks-" Steve interrupted their little banter, "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam answered.

A sudden commotion in the streets caught the attention of Wanda. A garbage truck was pushing its way through traffic, completely ignoring the honking cars and pissed off pedestrians that yelled their displeasure after almost getting barreled through by the speeding vehicle. Wanda lowered her sunglasses, her mouth slightly agape at the scene unfolding right in front of her.