0.7

" I thought I lost you! "

"They clearly have nothing edible around here." Murmurs Rowan, poking at the unnatural colored pile of mashed potatoes that sat untouched on her tray.

"Oh, quit being a baby." Tony replies, stuffing a forkful of the prison food in his mouth, "it doesn't taste bad at all."

"Says you. You'll eat anything mildly edible you pass-" The brunette pushes away her tray, standing up, "I'm going to try to find a vending machine, want anything?"

"Nope."

With a sigh, Rowan exits the employee cafeteria, her combat boots clicking away at the hard tiled floor as she struts along the echoing halls. She passes by other inmates on her way, their dirty hands outstretched and their mouths agape to shout some dirty slurs at the girl who ruthlessly sent them tumbling back into their cell with one hard, cold stare. Her mind was racing. She didn't know what would become of the Avengers. Her dad wanted to side with the government; something Rowan agreed with. But on the other hand, Steve wanted to keep their team as an individualized group. He didn't agree with these Accords and Rowan was starting to think he never would.

Something was going to happen, she could feel it. She just couldn't determine what yet.

With her stomach grumbling and an irritated look on her face, she continues to wander the cold halls of this prison, in desperate search of a glowing machine encasing her precious delicacies; a kit-kat and a can of Sprite. Steve and Natasha were always on her ass about her eating habits (which mainly consisted of cereal and more cereal, with an occasional healthy serving of chips and candy) but she could care less, she hadn't paid the price for it; yet.

As she approaches the end of the last hallway, she spotted a glowing snack machine, a tiny smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she lets out a satisfied sigh. Pulling two dollars from her pocket, she bought her guilty pleasures and immediately scarfs down her chocolate, the sweet taste curing her hunger cues immediately.

But just as she had cracked open the can of Sprite, a sudden alarm blared throughout the hallway, followed by a blinding red light, flashing on and off. The girl curses, knowing something was up as the staff emerged from their offices in a panic, darting down the hallways and causing a commotion. Rowan, in a moment of shock, drops her goodies and starts sprinting down the hallway, trying to remember where she came from.

-
In the control room.

"Evac all civilians. Get me a perimeter around the building, and gunships in the air." Everett Ross orders, his voice firm.

"Please tell me you brought a suit." Natasha eyes Tony warily.

"Sure did. It's a lovely Tom Ford, three-piece, two-button. I'm an active-duty non-combatant." Tony smirks.