Chapter 12

The music was way too loud and it hurt my head, i felt a slight headache already forming but i pushed the thought of my already forming headache to the back of my head and smiled up at Kyle who seemed to continuously smile down at me.

"You want a drink, babe?"

"No thanks. I think I just want to dance with you right now." I took his hand in mine and dragged him towards the dance floor filled with sweaty people grinding on each other. Looking up at him, he smiled but shook his head no. I stopped myself from pouting and stopped walking towards the dance floor. I faced him and my smile turned downwards slightly.

"You don't want to dance with me?" I didn't allow the hurt to be evident on my face, I just looked at him waiting for his answer. Why had he invited me in the first place if he hadn't intended to dance with me? I stopped drinking alcohol awhile back when I went to the last high school party that ruined parties for me. Alcohol was no friend of mine.

"I don't dance." The hurt I felt increased and I masked it with a fake smile and a light shrug of the shoulders. I backed into the dance floor and started to sway my hips back and forth as I kept eye contact with Kyle. I allowed the music to influence my movement.

"Avery you came!" Turning my attention away from Kyle, I placed my focus on the bubbly voice coming from behind me. Ackline and Alice danced next to me leaving Chase and Noah at the bar. As I swayed my hips to the beat of the music, I danced with the girls until I couldn't stand to dance any longer.

"I'm going to go get a drink and then I might just go back to the room. I'm exhausted."

"Awn Avery, no stay and dance with us." Just when I was going to agree Noah had came and started to dance behind Alice. They both were a little more than tipsy and I knew something was going to happen tonight between them that would alter our friend dynamic. Chase came and took Ackline and started to dance with her which left me all alone with one thing set in my mind. Get a drink.

I couldn't see Kyle anymore and I decided what the hell? I walked away from where I was and I knew I was definitely ready to get a drink in my system.

Walking away from them was the difficult part, trying to squeeze through the large group of sweaty college kids was a horrible ordeal that I thought I would have never had to do in my entire life. When some guy started to walk through the crowd with ease I started to follow behind him.

The kitchen was packed with so much alcohol that I was wondering who supplied the costly stuff. Looking at all my options I couldn't decide on what I wanted. As I looked through the liquor I found a can of Mike's hard lemonade and instantly knew I wanted that.

Taking it from the cooler I took multiple gulps of the liquid, one can turned into Two and two became three. I eventually lost count of how many cans I drank.

The dance floor was so appealing after my last drink. I had no care in whether I looked like a fool or if I danced alone. My date ditched me, my friends had guys to dance with them and I just wanted to dance without a care in the world.

My vision was blurry and I knew I wasn't walking straight but I had no care at that point. I wanted to dance and then go to my dorm to sleep off the hangover I knew I was going to get.

When I reached the dance floor I tumbled into some guy grinding on a girl. The girl looked absolutely pissed off at me but the guy he just looked at me. He was unfamiliar with how blurry my vision was. The girl walked towards me and he stood in front of me shielding me from her wrath.

I stumbled backwards and out of the dance floor. I stumbled out of the room I was in and stumbled towards the exit. I was shortly stopped by a tall lean figure who stood in front of me. His eyes attracted my attention first, they were like silver. It was mesmerizing and if I weren't drunk I would have never clutched the man in front of me and told him how much I liked his eyes.

"Wow. Yourrrrr eyes are soooo beauttifffullll. Therrrre liiiikkkkeee wwooowww aammmaaazzzingggg." The giggles that left my mouth wasn't really me. It was but it wasn't. I felt like I was there but not. My mind was fuzzy and I couldn't help what fell out of my mouth.

His chuckle was deep and sexy to me. Whoever he is he sure is sexy. "Thanks."

"I got to 'hiccup' go 'hiccup' to my dorm 'hiccup' now." I unevenly stepped around him and tried to walk to my dorm was proven to be difficult.

In and instant I was falling over, the alcohol did a huge damper on my ability to walk straight and to even walk properly before I hit the ground I was swept up off my feet and into strong arms. The guy who held me smelt of the outdoors. It was intoxicating. My eyes feel droopy and I knew I shouldn't fall asleep in a stranger's arms but sleep was winning against me.

I didn't know who he was, or why he picked me up but I could tell he wouldn't do anything to harm me. Don't ask how I knew but my gut told me I was safe. As my eyes fell shut I could feel myself being gently placed in a car.

The next thing I knew I was being picked up out of the car and being carried somewhere. I fell asleep again when I was gently placed on a super soft surface.