Chapter 4

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

Once unpacked and everything is in its place, I guide Jihyuk down and towards my car. I figured it would be best for us to have some time to get to know each other more. After all, we'll be living together for the next few months.

The drive there was quiet with only the soothing sounds of the radio playing today's hits in the background. We soon pull up outside of a restaurant that I often come to with my parents or friends, parking the car before taking my seatbelt off.

Jihyuk and I head inside, grabbing a seat in one of the many booths. A waiter comes over and takes our orders before leaving. "So..." I trail off, fiddling with the straw in my glass of coke. "Tell me about yourself?"

Jihyuk sat there for a moment just staring at me. I could feel my cheeks heat slightly at the intensity in his eyes. 'Why is he constantly staring at me? It makes me feel awkward.'

"My name's Lee Jihyuk. I'm 18 years old, a senior. I used to live here but I moved away before I entered high school."

"Oh, cool." I say, trying my best to seem interested even if I feel slightly uncomfortable around him. 'It's probably just because I don't really know him.'

Our food soon comes and we continue making somewhat small talk. I notice that Jihyuk watched me often when I was eating, a huge grin on his lips.

My phone suddenly dings, indicating that I have a text message. I whip out my phone from my pocket, checking to see that it's my mom.

Mamabear🐻❤️:

Hi, honey bear!

Just checking to make sure you got everything settled into your dorm? Remember to come visit us on the weekends when you find the time.

Lol Mom.

I stiffen a giggle at the fact she put 'lol.'

'Seriously?! Does she still not know that it doesn't stand for lots of love. Oh well, I guess it's the thought that counts.'

"Who are you texting? Your boyfriend?" Jihyuk questions, a hint of annoyance in his tone. I frown, glancing up to stare at the brunette who held a deep scowl on his face. "Umm no...it's just my mom," I explain, showing him the screen, not that I had to since we hardly know each other. "Oh, okay." He instantly grins which frightens me. 'Why did he get so angry if I was messaging Yoongi? I hardly find it any of his business anyway.'

I give him an awkward closed smile, hoping that maybe I'm just overreacting about everything.

We finish up and call for the check. "Oh, I'll get it for you." He happily states, placing down the correct amount of change with a few extra for a tip. I frown, immediately feeling bad. "No it's fine Jihyuk, I can pay for myself." I say, kindly trying to decline his offer. There is no need for him to pay for my lunch. His expression darkens which catches me off guard. 'What the hell?!'