Beacon

Once we get to Yucatan Mexico, we don't waste any time getting where we need to be. We follow the flight path of the vulture and end up at a small cabin. Jackson looks over the cabin with the GPS we had used to find the vulture, "the hybrids aren't here"

I sigh, "Abigail might be."

"Okay, move in."

I nod and look over to Logan and we separate. Logan goes around the back, I take the side, and Jackson takes the front. When I get inside I see a man standing by the window. As I approach the man I realize who it is, "Mitch?"

As I call out to him he turns to me, "Kat?"

"You're alive?"

"Uh, yeah."

I step forward and give him a hug, as I do I hear Jackson, "how are you here right now?"

Mitch separates from me and hugs Jackson, "I don't know. I mean, I know this place, but I've never been here before, and now you're here, and..." Mitch looks over and sees Logan come in the same way Jackson did, "okay, and you."

I turn as I hear the door open and see Jamie and Clementine walk in, "Jamie? Clementine?"

Jamie and Clem look to me, surprised, "Kat?"

Jamie looks over to see Jackson, "Jackson?"

Logan shakes his head, "Clementine?"

Clem shifts her head, "Logan."

Jamie sighs, "well, this is more than a little weird."

Logan nods, "how are you all here?"

"What is that time?" Clem points over to a device in the corner of the room.

Jackson walks over to it, "this disc, this is the exact same one that the woman we're hunting left behind in Portland." As he turns to us his phone goes off, "Hello?... Listen to me, I want you to understand something, I am going to find you and I'm gonna stop you. Do you get that?" A few moments later Jackson hangs up the phone and the box begins to whir and beep.

Clem looks around to us, "and that thing just started moving."

The whirring get loud enough we have to cover our ears and shout for the others to hear us. Jackson looks to us, "hey! We gotta get out of here!"

Jamie looks out the window, "guys." Jackson and I look out the window and sees more of the vulture hybrids coming. Abigail's bringing the hybrids here to our location. As the hybrids approach us they drill underneath the house. Jamie looks over to me, then Jackson, "And then what?

We all look out the windows of the cabin at the vulture hybrids nose-diving into the ground. As we do Mitch runs over to the box, "This must be what's drawing the hybrids." but when Mitch touches it shocks him, "ah!" he pulls his hands back and shakes them. "I'm just gonna assume there's no 'off' switch."

As we look over to Mitch the ground begins to shake, Clem looks from Jamie to me, "that can't be good."

Jamie turns back to the window, "is anyone else freaked out by the fact that they're flying?"

I sigh as Jackson and I point our guns out the window again, "that's not all they do."

"How about let's go?" Mitch comments.

As I turn to Jamie and Clem, they begin to move away from the window. But not too long before a hybrid comes through the window. Thankfully, it can't fit through the small window frame and gets stuck. As I pass in front one of the windows I am knocked to the ground. When I look up to the window, I see a hybrid sticking its ugly head through the window. I crawl away as quickly as I can and look back to see Jackson and Logan caught between the two hybrids, "Jackson!"