Chapter 20

I find my way towards Josh's door and timidly bring my hand up to it. I knock 3 times and then I take a step back. He opens the door and I expect him to just slam it when he sees me but he doesn't. instead he just leans against the door frame with a raised eyebrow. I gulp before speaking,

"I-I was j-just wondering if you c-could take me into t-town." He smirks at my stuttering.

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to I was just asking you because none of the other guys want to go but if you don't that's okay I can find my way into town by myself..."

"Snow Breath! I'll go into town with you, it's fine I was bored anyway."

"R-really?" I ask unsure.

"Yes r-really." He laughs at my glare but follows me down the hall. I get to my steps that lead to my room and turn around,

"Just wait here I gotta go grab my phone." he nods and leans against the wall, as I take off up the stairs going two at a time (not for any special reasons, just because that's how I do it) I walk over to my nightstand and unplug my phone from its charger, I smile and get excited when I see I was put into a group chat. All the messages are between my two friends wondering if this is my real number, I text them back and let them know that it is me and then they ask my to Skype them but I tell them that I'll have to later so we made plans to call at a certain time and honestly? I am scared and excited. I'm scared because they are at home, where I wish to be almost everyday. I'm scared because I'm a different person now and I don't know if they will accept me, but I'm mostly excited because I miss them. I want them to see that I can have fun too!! I shove my phone in my back pocket and walk out my door. I would say I'm prepared for this day but... I'm really not....