Chapter 25

"That's what I've been told, yeah." I face Dan, as I look him in the eyes I feel my cheeks start to warm and I know that I'm blushing.

"O-oh... H-hi... Um, yeah, hi." I stutter out.

He laughs at my stuttering but doesn't mention it; instead he says, "Are you new here? I've never seen you before." My thoughts roll as I ponder why he's even talking to a girl like me in the first place.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm new, I'm actually just living with some friends of mine." he gives me a curious glance before I hear a voice call out my name. I turn and see Josh coming towards me with a very angry and serious expression on his face. When he reaches us he grabs my arm and pulls me behind his rigid form, facing Dan.

"Snow, why are you talking to this guy? Didn't anybody warn you about him?" He spits out, scrunching his face up on disgust.

"Josh what are you talking about? What's the big deal?" I say while angrily trying to pull my hand from his. Josh takes his eyes off of Dan for a second to look at me before shaking his head and turning towards me. He grabs my hand and pulls me away from the party, quickly telling people that we are leaving. He continues to pull me along until I stop and yank my hand out of his grasp.

"Josh slow down and talk to me! You can't just drag me away from somewhere without an explanation!" I shout exasperatedly placing my hands over my shaking head.

"Snow! I can't tell you but you have to promise to stay away from him. All of our family hates him and if they found out you even talked to him they will all be very angry." He says as he turns to face me. He reaches for my hand again but I pull it out of reach.

"That wasn't a good enough answer for me, I'm sorry." with that I turn around a run back to the party. I find the girls and tell them that I didn't want to leave and they give me a shocked look.

"He let you come back?" They ask as if it were the craziest thing to ever happen.

"No... I ran off without his permission. I'm a big girl I don't need someone to hold my hand." They all nod slowly before I tell them I'm going go get a drink.

As I'm picking up a soda Dan comes up behind me, "Where's your body guard? Is he letting you stay after all?" He sneers in obvious jealousy.

When I turn to face him I see him smirking so I roll my eyes, "He's not my body guard, he just doesn't trust you. For your information I told him I wasn't ready to leave." I say crossing my arms.

"Oh babe did you want to stay for me? Falling for me already are we?" I feel my cheeks heat up and I look at him.

"Seriously? You think I stayed for you? Yeah, sorry, but no," and with that I walk down towards the beach and stay there sipping my soda. After a few minutes I hear someone come up behind me. I don't turn because i'm positive its Dan. When he stands next to me he doesn't say anything. We both sit in a comfortable silence watching the waves crash over the sand. Although after a moment or two he speaks up.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He wonders allowed.

"Why? planning a big date?" I giggle at the thought but he stays silent.

"W-wait seriously?" I ask. My eyes as large as the moon that is shining down on us as we speak.

"Not a huge date, but I want to get to know you a little more, and I want you to meet my best friend Phil." He explains. I look down at my shoes and then back up at the sea and just kind of shrug my shoulders.

"We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow." I mumble. I pull out my phone, and open up my contacts handing it to him. He enters it and gives my phone back. 

With that I return to the party and watch as Dan disappears into the night.