Chapter 2

Song: M.F.P.O.T.Y. by Cher Lloyd

"Jacob, stop poking my fucking thigh." I scolded at my brother.

For the past hour, Jacob has done nothing but annoy me. I swear, there may be a death by the end of this trip.

"Well, then talk to me. I'm bored and you promised to talk to me." Jacob wined.

I groaned. "Fine. What do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know. Tell me a story. I'm dying here and we haven't been on the road that long."

"Well it wouldn't be a bad thing now would it."

"Hey!"

I laughed. "Kidding, kidding. Let me think of a story."

I ended up telling Jacob a story about the time Lauren (my friend) and I had a food fight in my house. It was all harmless, honestly, but the reaction from my parents wasn't too harmless.

"..So then after we got in trouble, our parents banded us from ever cooking together, because they wanted to avoid the mess." I ended.

"Wow, that was so interesting." Jacob said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Well sorry. Its 7 am and my mind isn't completely working yet."

"Seven miles to Walker." The GPS said.

Excitement took over my body. I finally get to see my friend, and not be bothered by my thing of a brother. Ha, who am I kidding, the picking will only get worse now. That didn't matter though. The only thing that mattered was the fact that I get to see my best friend.

"So tell me about Lauren, Carter." Jacob suggested.

"She is doing really good Jacob." I answered.

"Damn, I can't wait to see her. You don't understand my feelings for her." Jacob smirked.

"Just don't do anything stupid okay? She has been through enough as it is already."

"I won't. Are you nervous about seeing, you know who?"

"This isn't Harry Potter, you can say his name. And if we are being honest, no I am not. I have no right to be."

"Good."

I ignored him talking about his feelings for Lauren and looked straight ahead.

Just seven more miles. Seven more miles.

It felt like 2 hours till we pulled up at Burger King to meet Lauren. Once we parked the car I quickly got out and looked around for her. Where is she? It was like she read my mind cause I hear my name being yelled.

"Carter! Carter!" Lauren yelled getting closer and closer.

Soon she attacked me and we both fell to the ground. It was like those scenes you see in the movies where the two best friends haven't seen each other in so long and once they do the meeting is like...I don't know. The only thing I know right now is that Lauren is on top of me, and this ground it hot.

"Lauren get off." I laughed.

"Sorry I just missed you so much C!" She squealed as she got off.

"You girls done being gay?" My brother yelled from the car.

We made our way towards my family and Lauren's mom.

"Jacob." Lauren breathed out.

"It's nice to see you again Lauren. Ready for round two of Georgia?" Jacob asked

"Oh but of course." Lauren said and then turned to me. "Are you ready is the real question?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me, yes I am ready. God damn." I said and walked my way into the car.

"I don't think she is ready." Jacob whispered to Lauren.

They are right, I'm not ready. The closer we get to this state the more my heart seems to want to jump out of my chest. All these questions are roaming my head and I am so close to loosing my mind. Will he talk to me? Will he ignore me like he has been doing? 

I need a nap.

"Okay well kids are y'all ready to hit the road again?" My dad asked all excited.

We all nodded and told Lauren's mom goodbye. We all went to our cars and got situated.

"Next stop. Pine Mountain, Georgia."

-

sorry guys, this was really boring but i promise its gonna get good soon!

comment.read.vote

love y'all