Chapter 1: Delicious Spreads

"I mean, it isn't fair. Did you see Mira's spread on the website? It's no wonder she's getting booked every night!" Roxy exclaimed, unaware that Mira had just walked into the dressing room. All the girls had their makeup stations in the vast room. It had pale pink walls and red velvet curtains that were closed, keeping out the natural light. They had yellow and orange light in the room. It made it hot, but they would be able to see if their makeup would start running at the parties they catered at. Leanne, one of the girls, cleared her throat and motioned for Roxy to look behind her.

Mira walked up to her dressing area. She made sure to swing her hips with her heels clicking. This was one of the reasons why she refused to move into the Delicious Spread's common house. She had a room there like all the girls, but she couldn't stand their bitching. So, she still lived with her parents, though they were getting increasingly annoying. They disliked her job and took every opportunity they could to tell her just how much. Still, she could handle her parents better than being in a home with twenty plus females who all thought of themselves as sexy as fuck. It is a terrible combination, Mira thought as she sat down on her pink cushioned makeup chair. The job came with its challenges. It wasn't easy catering to rich, self-entitled men. She swung her long, silky, straight, black hair back dramatically, knowing full well Roxy and her clique were still watching.

There was a clear distinction at Delicious Delights. The top girls were on demand, and the desperate girls who got a call now and then got into the line-up when they catered for large groups. Mira was smart. You never gave in to the charms of the rich perverts. You gave them just enough to keep them coming back. Once you did that, you had them drooling like newborn babies, and just like that, you would make the line-up. Mira almost chuckled out loud as she applied her water drop pink tint lipstick. She pressed her lips together, making sure the lip color spread evenly.

She had already applied most of her makeup at home and got her father to drop her off at D.S. She would have asked her younger sister, the responsible one, but she had been out, probably studying, when Mira needed to leave.

"Ladies, your wardrobe is here. Let's get dressed before we are behind schedule..." a petite young lady in a black pantsuit that had Swarovski crystals on the hems and collar of the jacket said.

Mira got up and headed to the rails with the other girls. She took a gold short jumpsuit off the rails and shook her head.

"Taylor, I swear these things you make us wear get shorter every job..." Mira said, chuckling to Taylor. They had become instant friends from the day Mr. Simon Leandra had hired Mira. Taylor had shown her around the house and explained how everything worked.

"You are not a prostitute or escort. Do not let the rich fuckers treat you like one. Don't give them a reason to treat you as one either," Taylor had said plainly. Mira had liked her instantly. She didn't sugar coat anything.

"Hey, Mira. Your outfit is upstairs in my office... special request," Taylor said when she saw Mira raise a questioning eyebrow at her. Mira had no idea what was going on, but she didn't want to make a scene since all the girls had stopped in their tracks and were watching her and Taylor.

"Let's get a move on, ladies. The cars will be here any minute," Taylor said sternly, leaving the dressing room with Mira.

"What's going on, Taylor?" Mira asked, hooking her arm around Taylor's to slow her down. Taylor was a stickler for deadlines and schedules. She did her job as Simon's assistant very well.

"Preston Camm happened. I'm sure he waved a sizeable amount under Simon's nose. It's his party today, and he put in a request for you three weeks back. Yesterday, he turned up here with a package for you," Taylor said, shaking her head. They were treading a very thin line. They were supposed to be a catering company. They were. They just happened to only have sexy servers.