Chapter 2: Spread 'Em

Her black, sleeveless, hollow, ruffle dress fit her like a glove. A tiny gold and silver belt cinched her at the waist, making her buttocks look even plumper and her hips more curved. The dress was short and barely covered her thighs. Some of the ladies from Delicious Spreads had decided to go and let loose at a club after working for a party.

Mira could already feel her head spinning. The alcohol was making her legs feel like jelly. It was becoming an effort to walk right. The air was thick, hot, and humid at 'Trios'. The music was thumping, and Mira could hear it in the base of her head, but it also felt like it was igniting her body.

"Dance with me, Tay," Mira said, pulling Taylor up from the couch they were relaxing in. Roxy and Leanne also got up, joining Mira and Taylor on the dance floor. Mira had her drink in her hand. She never left her alcohol unattended. That was just asking for trouble, and too many people at the club were up to no good nowadays.

Mira held onto Taylor's waist with her one free hand and shimmied down sensually. Taylor gulped as she got the best view of Mira's breasts. They are so perfect, Taylor thought. A couple of guys surrounded the ladies as they continued dancing. Mira moved in closer to Taylor's face. She leaned in, and for a second, Taylor thought Mira was going to kiss her. She closed her eyes and felt her skin tingle where Mira's lips brushed against her cheek.

"Tay, I'm going to go find somewhere private to answer my phone. Be right back. Let me find you someone to keep you company," Mira said, pulling one of the guys who had started dancing around them.

"Keep my friend company," Mira said loudly to the guy before Taylor could protest. She winked at the guy who winked back at her. Mira threw her head back, chuckling when she saw the look on Taylor's face. The guy was good-looking, very buff. Besides, Taylor needs to loosen up, Mira thought as she walked away from the dance floor, heading toward the bathrooms. She knew it would be less chaotic there and less noisy. She pulled her phone out of her hidden pocket on the side of her dress. She had felt it vibrating against her thigh. She smiled at her screen when she saw Detective Ranulph's name on the caller ID. She didn't even know why she was getting excited at the thought of talking to him. She had saved his number the day he gave his card to her. He had made her wait for his call nearly a week since he asked for her number.

"Hey, let me get somewhere quiet," Mira said into her phone and started walking faster as she rounded the corner that went past the toilets. The noise of the club was fading with each step she took. She leaned on the wall, deciding on a suitable spot. She took a deep breath then put the phone to her ear. "Hi, I can talk now," Mira said. She grinned when his husky voice came through the phone. It was deep. It made her knees feel weak, or maybe that is just the alcohol, Mira thought as she bent down and placed her glass on the floor next to her feet.

Mira felt a little pang of disappointment when Detective Ranulph kept talking about the case. She had thought he had been flirting with her on that night. I must have read him wrong, Mira thought as she thanked him for the update on the case. She hadn't been out on a proper date in over six months. As for sex, she figured spiders were building cobwebs down there.

"That's not the only reason I called. I was wondering if you would like to get a drink with me since the case is closed now," Marcus said into his receiver. The truth was, he had been sitting in his apartment bored to death. He had been very nervous about calling Mira, but he couldn't keep her out of his mind and dreams. He had decided to bite the bullet. After all, it was a Friday night, and he had Saturday off as well.

"I was starting to think that I imagined you were flirting the other night," Mira said with a smirk on her face. She felt like a teenager whose crush finally asked her out on a date.