IV · Ex-boyfriends and Intertwined Fingers

Recommended song:
In my Feelings 👊😤 (keke do you love me) by Drake
_______________________°______________

  THE LOUD ROARING OF MY ALARM is the cause of me  immediately jolting up from my bed, nearly receiving a heart attack. The first thing that catches my eye is the big green serpent tattoo across my arm. I close my eyes and groan, wishing all of this was not real.

I get up from my bed and do my usual morning routine, brushing my teeth and showering, I put my hair up in the usual 'iconic' ponytail, (or so everyone calls), and I put on a long sleeved shirt white shirt and a pink skirt. I roll up the ends of the shirt just to the point where my tattoo starts, and I leave it there.

I jog downstairs and see both my parents sitting down at the dining table discussing something which seems important. I skip to their table, "good morning," I smile.

My parents both give me a nod before continuing their conversation, my mom passes me a plate of two pancakes. They were both talking in a low voice and I couldn't capture anything they were saying.

After I gobble down the pancakes, grab my backpack, and open the door. Out of all the things I was expecting it definitely wasn't him,

Archie.

He chuckles a bit, "oh, hey, I was just about to ring the doorbell." I didn't find it funny, instead, I was just shooting him glares.

"Uh-," he tries to avoid eye contact, "mind if I walk you to school?" My heart stopped, why did he want to walk me (his ex) to school?

I roll my eyes, "no thanks, I'm perfectly capable of walking to school myself." I give him a fake smile and push him to the side a little to walk out.

He stares at me blankly before jogging after me, "please, just give me a chance to explain myself."

"You already have, 'I don't love you anymore', remember?" I snap.

"Betty, this isn't fair, let me explain," he frowns.

I stop in my tracks. "No, Archie, it isn't fair. It isn't fair that I endlessly loved you and did everything I could do to make you love me but you just pushed me away to the dust. It isn't fair that my only source of happiness was taken away from me. But I guess it's okay, I guess that's what happens when you fall in love with Archie Andrews, 'the golden boy'

-and now I made so many stupid mistakes that I can't take back and I don't want you to be another one of them. So please, leave me alone, I'm better off without you." Before I know it, tears are streaming down my face, I quickly run, run away from Archie.

"I'm not giving up on you, Betty Cooper," I hear him shout, but I ignore it, I don't reply.

______________________°_____________

All five of us were sitting in the student lounge, by all five of us, I mean, Cheryl, Midge, Josie, Roni, and me. I had just told them all my encounter with Archie. They all seemed offended, as if Archie was their ex-boyfriend and they had just encountered that.

"That redhead sucks," Cheryl says, "an embarrassment to the redhead community, if I'm being honest." She flips her red 'majestic' hair.

All of us nod in agreement.

Veronica gasps, "there he is!" She points toward someone, my head nearly snaps when I turn it so fast.

There he was, Jughead Jones, the jet-black haired man surrounded by the other serpents he's friends with. I recognised Toni Topaz in the group, and the tall black haired man who teased me earlier in the night, 'Sweet Pea', I think.

A grin appears on Cheryl's mouth, "who's that pink-haired hottie."

Immediately, I answer her question, "oh, she's Toni Topaz." She gives me a strange look before thanking me.

Someone must've told him we were staring at him, so he turns his head to our direction, I mumble a curse word before looking back, but he already caught my eye, I could feel him walking towards me.

"Hey, blondie," I hear his voice say, I mentally groan, hoping he wasn't about to spill everything that happened that day.

I put a smile on my face even though my heart was beating pounding harder than it should be, "hey, Jughead."

He smirks, "I guess these are all your perfect friends," he gestures to my friends and they all shoot glares, "did you tell them you're not so perfect anymore?"

I give him the most frightening looking I could put on, his eyes go wide, I then knew I had succeeded.

Midge gasps, "oh my god, did you two?" She points to us two and then intertwine her fingers. Everyone else in my group gasps.

I scrunch my nose, "what, no!" I wave my hands, but it was done, the damage was done.

Jughead let's out a chuckle, I forgot he was here, I huff, "Jughead, I think you should leave."

His eyes dart around the group, "whatever, see ya, princess." He gives me the same wink he gave yesterday.

I groan, he just had to do that, it was a must. Note the sarcasm.

"I never knew you hooked up with southside hottie," Josie wiggles her eyebrows.

Before I could deny it, a masculine voice interrupts it, "hooked up with who?" I quickly turn my head and nearly snap my head for the second time today.

It was the same redhead boy we were talking about earlier, the one I dreaded to see the most.

"It's none of your business, Archie," I say, "we broke up, remember?"

He acts like he was offended, "I was just curious," he mumbles. I knew he was acting, it's just to get me back, since his reputation would be ruined, or whatever.

"Archie," Veronica sighs, "I think it's best if you leave." I silently thank Veronica for that one, because afterwards, Archie picks up his bag, nods towards me, and leaves.
______________________°_______________

Authors Note

gdhdhgd I feel bad for doing
Archie dirty like this but I got to cause like pspsp its how the story goes. anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, trust me, it wasn't worthless, this chapter changes the book completely

Love you always 💖
-Author