VIII · No-Longer Exes and Screams of Disappointment

Recommended song:
Happy Now by Zedd ft. Elley
______________________°_______________

   I'VE BEEN WALKING IN CIRCLES IN MY ROOM for the past 30 minutes, I've been contemplating my decision all day, but only 30 minutes ago I had gotten off my bed.

Jughead was no help, instead, his only reaction was 'damn Cooper, you got yourself in a crazy situation." Frankly, I'm starting to think that he dislikes me. He avoids me most of the times in which I see him. When my eyes catches his and I try to approach him, his first instinct is to try and get his way out of the conversation.

Which is why I probably shouldn't have told him.

If I chose to betray my friends, I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself, I wouldn't forgive anyone who did that to me. I would rather bury myself alive.

But, choosing to tell my parents was like a death wish, I know I wouldn't ever face daylight if I did so. 'The Perfect Coopers," is what everyone calls us, but we aren't perfect, we're the opposite. A broken apart family after the loss of their first born, leaving them devastated.

I feel a wet substance fall down my cheek, I didn't stop it, I let it fall. It was as if I had a year supply of tears I had bottled up since the death of my only sister.

Knock, knock, I quickly wipe tears and turn my head towards the window. A boy with a dark grey beanie and green eyes was smiling at me, Jughead.

I open my window for entrance to me room, my voice was shaky, but he doesn't notice I was crying, "Jughead, what are you doing here? Also, where'd you get the ladder from?"

"Hey, princess," he smirks.

He climbs off the ladder and into my room, for seconds, he brushes dust off of his hands.

He breathes in, "I found the ladder in your front yard," he squints his eyes, "that's not a very safe place to put your items."

I roll my eyes, "thanks for the safety call, but I don't need this right now, so please leave." 

I turn to his face, he looks hurt, but not enough to really show it. I open my mouth to apologize, but I couldn't, my voic wouldn't let me. As if I had no reason to apologize, he was the one who came up to me.

"Betty," he says, "pushing people away isn't going to work."

I feel my eyes glistening with tears again, "I know, Jughead," my voice shakes, "but telling me again and again that I've gotten myself in a messy situation isn't helping."

"Betty, I-" he stops, "are you crying?"

Ding dong, I hear the doorbell ring, I shake my head. "Go h-hide somewhere," I stutter.

I head downstairs, straighten myself up, and open the door.

"Hey," I hear a familiar voice say, I look up and see one of my least favorite redheads, Archie.

I sigh, "Archie, please I really don't need this." I push the door and try closing it but of course, his strength was more than mine, so he pushed it back open.

"Can I just talk about what happened?" He looks towards his feet. "I know this break up hurt you, but it hurt me too."

I roll my eyes, my choices were by default, I knew he wouldn't let me say no.

"Alright," I give out, "follow me."

I walk towards my living room, one question circling my mind, is Jughead still here?

He takes a seat on a couch, he taps the couch, telling me to sit beside him but I refuse to, I sit on a couch opposite to mine.

We sit in silence, the sound of the clock ticking in the distance was all that could be heard.

"Well," I say in a sassy tone, "what's your great explanation thats going to supposedly win me back?"

He sighs, "I- Betty I'm really sorry."

He gets up from his seat, he decides to take a seat next to me, even though I purposely sat away from him.

"I didn't realize that I did still love you," his voice turns shaky, "until you were gone."

He puts a hand over mine, my eyes take a quick glance from my hand to his eyes, "please, Betty, I love you more than anything in my life."

His eyes were glistening with white lights, "can I take you back?"

His eyes dart from my eyes to my lips, suddenly, my mind changes, I want Archie back too.

We slowly lean in, my heart beating faster than it should. Suddenly, his lips crash into mine. The feeling in my stomach is familiar and fuzzy.

I pull away and smile, "okay."

I wide grin appears on his face, "really?" I nod.

"Well," he looks around, "that's great!"

He gets up, "I've gotta get going, but I love you." He happily says.

After, a few seconds, I hear the door shut. My stomach was filled with butterflies my mood was skippy. It didn't matter if I had to make a decision that was going to change my life, right now, I was happy.

"Really, Cooper?" I hear a voice familiar to Jugheads' say. Then, it hits me, he was still there. He never ever has called me Cooper.

"Why are you still here?" I ask.

His face screams disappointed, "you know what's a better question, why did you get back with Archie?" I hear a hint  of sadness in his voice, but most of it was disappointed.

I clear my throat, "and why do you care."

"Because, know-it-all, he's the one who got you in this situation in the first place," his eyes shooting daggers at me, "I thought you were better than this, Cooper."

My heart stops for a second, "well, he can help me out of it, you weren't exactly the type to be an advisor."

He scoffs, "well at least I tried to-", he stops for a second, he holds up a finger, "you know what, Cooper, when he breaks your heart again, don't come crawling back to me."

I roll my eyes, "he won't break my heart, and I won't crawl back to you, of all people."

"Can't believe I thought you weren't the same as all the other Northsiders, I hope you're happy now," he shakes his head in disappointment.

He opens the front door and slams it, my hearts starts hurting, as if a piece has forcefully been taken out of it.
_____________________°________________

Authors Note

im so incredibly sorry for the huge delay on the story. not even school can excuse the wait you guys had to experience hdjdfjhffh. ive been working on a story plot and I forgot this story oof.

IMPORTANT PLS READ
jk again lol, I just wanted to know your opinion on this chapter, I  wanted to know if you thing this part is too, over the top, I guess:/

love you always
-author