VI · Filthy Serpents and Revealed Tattoos

Recommended song:
Can't think of any that has anything to remotely do with this chapter, sorry:( So, you can choose <3
_____________________°______________

"OKAY, GIRLS, GATHER UP, TIME FOR A GAME OF TRUTH OR DARE,"
Cheryl squeals as we all sit down in the middle of her room. Midge, Josie, Roni, Cheryl, and I.

Normally, this was a must ritual in sleepovers, we play truth or dare to see if we're willing enough to do or say anything for our friends. I was okay with this, because I loved my girls and I told them everything. But today, I wasn't, I was scared they'd force the words out of my mouth, just  how they forced Midge to admit she was cheating on Moose.

The doorbell rings, "she's here!" Cheryl says, I was confused, we were all here.

She quickly skips downstairs, I hear a voice I'm familiar with, but I couldn't capture who's.

Cheryl comes back up, "okay, guys, I'd like to introduce you someone who I just acquainted, the southside hottie, Toni!" She cheers.

Surely, the pink haired girl comes, she gives a cute wave. I see her eyes dart around the room, they land on me,  she recognised me. I give a small wave and I see a smile appearing on her face.

The word 'hello' was passed around the group, I knew they were mad at Cheryl for bringing someone they were unfamiliar with to the group, especially a serpent.

But I didn't mind, if anything, I was more than happy to see someone who knew about everything that happened the other night.

Toni picks a seat next to me, she leans in, "did you tell them yet?" I shake my head, she gives me a small nod.

Cheryl grabs a plastic bottle from her bedside table, she places it in the middle of us, and takes a seat next to Toni.

"Okay, so all of you girls know the rules, but Toni doesn't, so I'll repeat them." Cheryl smiles, we all nod.

"Top of the bottle means you ask, bottom means you're the victim. You can't back out, you can't only tell one person, you can't tell anyone to do anything sexual, dangerous, or illegal. Last but the most important, whatever happens in this room, stays in this room." Cheryl concludes, Toni nods, I'm sure all of my friends memorized these rules like their name, I have.

Cheryl spins the bottle, the top lands on Midge and the bottom lands on Toni. Midge was constantly shooting daggers with her eyes to Toni, she backed away when Toni first walked in, too.

"Uh, Toni," she gives a fake smile, "truth or dare?"

Toni thinks for a while, she smirks, "dare."

"I dare you to leave this room and never come back, you filthy, drug-selling serpent." She spits.

All of us were silent, shocked, at her sudden rudeness and stereotyping. This wasn't like Midge, she wasn't rude for no reason, surely, she had to have one.

"Midge, what the heck?" Roni scolds.

Josie looks offended, "that's rude," she mumbles.

"How do you know it's the truth if you dont even know me, you jerk." Toni grumbles, Midge comes closer.

She gives a fake smile. "Oh, I don't but surely you do, surely you know that all of you are filthy, poor, homeless, ugly, serpent. Who thinks they're so 'it'. Who thinks they're so cool because you're in a gang who sells drugs. You want people to pity you because you are so poor but also want people to be scared of you-" I stop her, "Midge, that's enough," she looks at me, for a moment, I see guilt glittering in her eyes, but it quickly washes away.

"The thing is, you think northsiders love you so much, but we, who are rich, gorgeous, prestigious, rich, wanted, smart, not homeless, do not give a flying f-"

"Get out of my house," Cheryl grumbles.

Midge stops, "what's that, Cheryl?"

"Get out of my house," she shouts,"you filthy prick." I've never seen Cheryl like this.

Her faces softens, "Cheryl, I'm sorry."

"You think I care?" She shouts. "You know, Toni and I have been friends for a long while now, even before I was friends with all of you guys, I couldn't tell you about her because I was afraid you would act stupid and dumb, and oh, guess what? You are."

I was shocked, but I wasn't offended,
I could understand. I look to Toni, a wide grin was spread across her face.

That means she already knew who Toni was, even when she asked yesterday, she knew all along.

She grumbles, "so, I'm going to ask you one more time, leave."

So, she does, she gets her items off the bed and walks out, ashamed.

Cheryl breathes out, "I think playing this was a bad idea." We all agree, especially Toni.

She picks up her phone, "what are you doing, Cheryl?" I ask.

"Removing Midge from the 'skinny thots' group chat and adding Toni," she smiles.

I put my arms up to fix my hair, letting my hair fall on my shoulders before tying it back up

"What's that?" I hear Veronica ask, "hm?"

"On your arm," she points towards it, I look to it, there, a peak of green and black was at the tips.

"Oh," Toni speaks up, "uh- that's just a part of her bra?"

Josie raises an eyebrow, "bra on her upper arm?"

"Also, how would you know that?" Cheryl asks.

Veronica furrows her eyebrows, "come on, we're not stupid, Betty, show us." At this point, I started to panic, my heart was furiously beating, my palms were sweaty, and I was dizzy.

I breathe in, "h-hey, come on, guys, stop overreacting, it's just my bra."

"Yeah, guys, I think we should stop," Toni nervously laughs.

Cheryl looks towards her, "love you, TT, but we're just a little curious, so I think you should back out."

Toni gives me a look that screams, 'sorry', I give her a hopeful smile.

"Please, Betty?" Veronica pleads, she gives me a sad puppy dog face, I couldn't help it.

I furrow my eyebrows, "promise you wont freak out?"

"Cross our hearts and hope to die," Cheryl give me a heartwarming smile.

I add, "also, promise you'll never bring this up in front of my parents, or anyone, for the matter?" They all desperately nod.

I hesitate a little before lifting up my sleeve, there, the big, green, serpent was in front of all their faces,

"Y-you're," Cheryl stutters,

"a serpent?" Josie completes for her.
_______________________°______________

Authors Note

ughhhgughhh leaving y'all on
a cliffhanger lmaolmaolmaolmao
anyways, opinions on this chapter? also there is a reason why Midge went off at her house, but you'll find out later ;)

love you always 💖
-author