Simple Things

Over The Past Couple Months I've Had Some Highs And Some Lows. I've Had Some Good Times And Bad Times. I've Had Restless Nights With No Sleep. I Have Had Peaceful Nights Where I Slept Like A Newborn Baby. But Through It All Lov Was There With Me. And That Made The Situation Better No Matter How Bad I Felt About It.

There Were Times Where He Felt A Type Of Way About Something Due To What Happened But I Was Always There To Reassure Him That Everything Was Going To Be Fine. And When He Needed His Time To Himself Just To Think I Gave It To Him. Cause To Be Honest I Understand Where He's Coming From. I Know None Of This Is Anything But Easy On His Mind.

*

After The Day I Came Home My Daddy Didn't Come Out Of His Room Much. He Didn't Talk Much Either. He'd Say Goodmorning And See How I Was And Ate Maybe Once A Day. I've Been Giving Him His Time To Grieve But Today I Needed To Check On Him To Make Sure He Was Alright.

I Knocked On His Door " Can I Come In "

There Was A Quick Silence Then A Troubled Voice Spoke Up " Com' On "

I Twisted The Knob And Walked Over To His Bed And Sat Down In Front Him Indian Style. "Wassup Short Stuff?" He Cut Off The Tv And Sighed A Bit And Gave Me His Attention. " Pops How You Feeling? & I Mean Be For Real " He Scratched His Beard That Had Grown Out A Bit Much. " I'm Doing Just Fine Baby " I Cut My Eyes At Him And Growled Tightening Up My Jaws " Daddy " He Chuckled At My Attempt At Trying To Be The Parent Instead Of The Child " Alright Alright Calm Down Sheeba. I'm Doing Better Than I Was. At First I Was In Shock Of How It Ended For Her & Felt So Guilty For Stepping Outside The Marriage. Then I Was Confused As To Why She Would Sale Our One And Only Child. Our Baby Girl. Now I Feel Like A Bad Parent Because I Left You Two Alone Together Several Times As I Went Off To Work All The Time. And I'm So Sorry Baby Girl. "

At That Point I Had To Cut Him Off Because He Was Blaming Himself For Everything That Happened When It's Really No Ones Fault. Because No One But The Men Upstairs And The Angels In Heaven Knew What Was To Come. " Daddy Don't Apologize Because You Did None Of This. Everything That Happened Was Way Over Anyones Heads. Don't Beat Yourself Up About It. And I Understand About Ma But Sometimes People Lose Themselves And They Never Find Their Souls Before The Devil Can Take It. & That's When They're Gone. "

He Just Got Really Quiet And Didn't Say Anything. So I Crawled Up To The Head Of The Bed With My Pops And Gave Him A Big Long Bear Hug. Then All Of A Sudden I Felt Finger Tips Dancing On My Sides Making Me Giggle Loudly.

He Was Tickling Me While He Was Smiling And That Warmed My Heart To See My Daddy Smile The Way He Did. It Made Me Wanna Cry. But Thankfully Those Tears Stayed In There Rightful Place In My Tear Ducts. He Finally Stopped And It Took Awhile For Me To Regain My Breath But Once I Did I Put My Arms Around His Neck And Squeezed Tightly As He Patted My Back, " I Love You Daddy" He Kissed My Forehead An Gave Me A Squeeze " I Love You Too Short Stuff "

I Began To Scoot Off Of The Bed But My Belly Was A Bit In The Way. I Was Happy That My 4 Month Mark Was Only A Week Away So Then I'd Know What I'd Be Having I Opened The Door And Once I Got Halfway Down The Hallway I Thought Why Not Have A Movie Night? So I Walked My Way Back Into His Room And Peeped My Head In " Wanna Have A Movie Night? " He Lifted His Left Brow And Stroked His Beard " Hmmm ... Sure. 8:30? " I Wide Smile Spread Across My Face " Good I'm Going Down Stairs To Cook "

I Headed To The Stairs But Went Straight Past Them To The Other End To Get To Lovs' Room. I Walked In And Saw Him Watching Tv. I Plopped Down On The Bed And Pecked His Lips. Then I Just Sat Back And Watched Him Watch Tv While I Smiled. He Looked At Me Out The Corner Of His Eye And Smirked. Once The Tv Went On Commercial He Sat Up And Smiled Down At Me.