Chapter 16

Elliot's POV

The doorbell rang. ''I'll get it'' I said loudly as I ran downstairs to the door. I quickly opened the door and smiled as I dragged Valerie inside. She took off her shoes and we went upstairs to get ready together. 

This is going to be such a cool night. It was my first party together with Valerie, actually my first party in general. Not Valerie's first, but that doesn't matter. I'm just so happy that I even get invited to something like this, and the fact that I have a friend to go with. Let me change that; THE friend to go with, my best friend!

''So what are you wearing'' Valerie asked me as she took her makeup out of her bag and onto my drawers before she looked herself in the mirror above it.

''I was thinking about wearing a black hoodie and some black jeans'' I said as I looked inside my closet.

''It's a party, you're going to get so hot if you wear a hoodie. No, I'll find something to you'' she walked towards me, standing in front of me and reaching inside my closet to find something for me to wear. She ended up pulling out a loose fit black bandana printed t-shirt with white details out of my closet, told me to keep the black skinny jeans with small holes on the knees I was wearing and black Vans.

I went inside my bathroom to put on the t-shirt. It was Brett's old one that he had outgrown. Not really my style, but looking at myself in the mirror right now, wearing it, I have to say I like it more than I thought I would do. I guess Valerie knows her stuff. 

I went back inside my bedroom to a jolly Valerie looking at me wearing the outfit she picked out for me, clapping her hands with joy.

''You look amazing!'' she said looking like a crack head. She had white powder all over her face while she had finished the second eyelid with some blue shading of eyeshadow, going in a cat-eye shape, it was really pretty on her. She was still in sweats, not finished with her makeup. We had an hour until we have to leave so I sat back on my bed, a little bored, looking towards Valerie who was still doing her makeup. 

''Oh, I totally forget to ask you how it went with Aiden yesterday'' she gained eye contact with me in the mirror above the drawers while she was highlighting her cheekbones. 

I smiled and blushed thinking about it. ''Well, I think we're unofficial boyfriends''

Valerie turned around, ''shut up, really?''

''We both shared the fact that we like each other and also I tried to get him out of his clothes.  You know, to get further in our relationship, but he told me he didn't want to rush it'' I smiled thinking about how sweet he is.

''Are you sure that's a good thing?'' She asked as she did some more of her makeup as she was speaking.

''What do you mean?'' I asked confused and a little concerned. What was she hinting at?

''You are in this so-called unofficial relationship, yet he doesn't feel like it's time to move further. Can it mean he doesn't want to? Just think about it Elli, he doesn't seem that gay, and I've seen him flirt with girls at parties before. What if he doesn't want to do more with you because he, I'm sorry to say this, is playing you?'' 

''Well he told me that sex wasn't so important to him'' I said a little irritated, but also very much thinking about everything she was saying.

''What teenage boy doesn't think about sex. You're like super hormonal and get a hard-on just sitting on a chair doing nothing'' she chuckled. I blushed. Why is she so confident talking about stuff like that. Was she right though, is Aiden really playing me?

''Enough about that, it's probably nothing'' she said as she turned her gaze back to the mirror to finish up the eyeshadow on the other eye. 

When she was finished she pulled something to wear that she had in the bag she brought along. She went inside the bathroom to get dressed. When she came out she was wearing this black satin plunge skater dress. She looked absolutely stunning in it.