[9] to midnight talks with my best friend

She pulled on her skates and started tieing them. Jerry walked over to her smiling. He sat down near her. The night before they had been on the phone talking almost all night. Jerry had fallen head over heels for Anne everyone could see it but her. "Are we going to stay up till midnight talking again?" she questioned the boy messing up his hair. "Well, it would be fun," he answered smiling he fixed his hair. "You need to know that I am a wonderful skater," she teased him she was the only one who knew he wasn't very good. He shoved her gently both of them giggling.

They finished tieing their skates and stood up to go to the rink. They were the first to arrive at the rink so they had time alone. Anne and Jerry raced each other from one side to the other. Gilbert and Violet arrived shortly after. He felt a ping of jealousy flow through him when he saw Jerry and Anne together. Violet quickly looked up into his hazel eyes and smiled she had fallen for Blythe. Little did she know he wasn't hers to fall for he belonged to Anne. She tugged his arm and pulled him over to the benches. Gilbert quickly tied his skates leaving violet there alone. Anne had fallen on the ice. Jerry held out his hand, she grabbed his arm as she pulled him down on top of her. "Why, hello there," Jerry whispered they were so close Jerry had begun leaning in when Gilbert skated over. "Need any help?" he asked glaring daggers at Jerry Anne totally oblivious. "Hey guys," Violet said skating over Gilbert looked at her and looked back at Anne and Jerry

Anne and Jerry got up from the ice. They had a short conversation and skated off. Wasn't much of a conversation but it was awkward for only 10 sentences spoken amongst the four. Gilbert was jealous and he was so bad at hiding it. Violet was jealous but she was better at hiding things a lot better. But Jerry and Anne were having the best time of their young teenage lives. Soon Diana and the others came. Anne wanted to pull Diana over to tell her what happened but remembered they weren't at the best of terms. Which made Anne a little sad.
It was around 11:00 pm already they've been skating for the past 3 hours. Jerry was the only one skating near Anne the rest of them were skating on the other side of the rink avoiding Anne. Gilbert wasn't skating he wasn't in the mood.

Anne and Jerry didn't really care if no one skated near the that meant more space for them. Jerry looked down letting go of Anne's hand she didn't expect the sudden action. She had been using him to stay balanced the second he let go she fell on her bottom. "Holy shit, I'm so sorry," he quickly said skating over to her he put his hand out. "Why do they keep acting as if I have the black plague?" Anne scoffed getting up ignoring Jerry's hand, she wiped her eyes noticing tears were falling. Jerry looked at her he grabbed her hands pulling her out of the rink.

"Are we going to keep pretending that I didn't try to kiss you?" Jerry asked quietly but still loud if that makes sense. Anne's smile or fake smile dropped she didn't want to acknowledge the fact that Jerry liked her. "No, i-its just you're my best friend," Anne looked down grabbing his hand squeezing it after every word. He looked at her hanging his head low she put her hand on his cheek. She pulled it up a little smiling he smiled back. "It's ok," he sighed looking down at his shoes. Anne looked at him her eyes begun filling with tear as she pulled her face closer to his. Jerry looked at her for a second confused on why she was close. "A-," he tried speaking before she smashed her lips into his. Little did they know Gilbert was standing there watching everything. A little earlier, he had told Violet he needed to use the restroom knowing she wouldn't follow him there. Gilbert cleared his throat before they broke apart. "Oh- Gilbert, hi," Jerry breathed not taking his eyes off Anne. She tensed up when she felt his presence she didn't turn. "What's going on?" Gilbert asked looking at only Anne when she turned around still not making eye contact. "Nothing that's concerns you," Jerry muttered Gilbert looked at him for a bit glaring daggers into his chest. Anne stood up fast placing her hand on Jerry's shoulder. "Gilbert. You should go," she calmly stats as she looked to the door that led to the rink. Gilbert scoffed shaking his head a bit Anne's ocean eyes shot up to look at him. "Why? So he can make out with MY girl?" Gilbert snapped Anne's face grew confused as she looked from Jerry to Gilbert. "What are you talking about?" Anne asked as she moved her hand from Jerry's shoulder. Gilbert looked at the door and shook his head, "Nothing," he whispered before walking out. Anne stood there shocked and confused as Jerry stood up he whispered something Anne couldn't quite make out. "Excuse me?"  Anne asked looking at him angrily he shook his head before walking out. She stood there alone and confused the recent scenes playing through her head on repeat. Why did I kiss him? She asked her self looking at the door.

A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while but here's this cruddy chapter don't worry it's still a shirbert fanfic

8OO+ WORDS