[11] I'm in love with him

a/n: so basically I deleted this whole chapter after finishing it and so its kind of all over the place now cuz I have prewritten chapters so yEet you have to like find this chapter so enjoy

" she just started running, for no reason," Gilbert explained to Diana not wanting to say anything to tell her about what Jerry and Anne had done. Diana nodded biting her lip trying to hold a frown back.
"For no reason, are you sure?" Diana asked trying to think of reasons Anne might've ran away from him the main reason, she has figured out her feelings for him. Gilbert nods trying his best to think of reasons but no good ones come to mind.
"Do you know which way she might've gone?" she asked forgetting their whole disagreement. Gilbert nodded adjusting his backpack straps.
"I'll show you but we'll have to skip," he whispered a bit nervous to attempt this. He has never skipped before and has always had the most perfect attendance. Diana smiled at how much of a dork Gilbert really was, no wonder Anne loved him.
"Damn you've never skipped before," Diana teased as she began walking out the front doors casually. Gilbert hesitantly followed quickly behind her. He was way too nervous he made it obvious.
"Gilbert!" Mr. Morrison called out causing Diana to walk faster. Gilbert stopped waiting for the teacher to come and lecture him about skipping school.
"Where's that girl of yours?" He asked smiling, he was obviously talking about Anne. Gilbert was confused on what Mr. Morrison meant by that.
"Who Violet?" He asked surprised he would be asking about her since she's not in his class.
"No, of course not that ain't it," he laughed thinking Gilbert would understand who he was implying.
"Jerry was right you are oblivious," he paused taking a minute to clear his throat, "I'm talking about Anne, apparently she wasn't in homeroom,"
Gilbert was caught off guard expecting him to say something else like oh you and violet are going to the dance together. But he didn't say that. It worried him that she had missed school.
"Well anyway you better go find her," he stated breaking the silence, Gilbert looked at Mr.Morrison with the most confused look. Mr. Morrison just looked at Diana and walked away.
-
Diana and Gilbert walked down the front entrance steps towards the woods where Anne's path home was. They stood there for a while just to make sure first period started before they left.
"She kissed him," Gilbert whispered out of the blue Diana looked at him confused. He smiled holding back his sadness. "Jerry," he added to clarify what he meant. Diana was struck with sadness knowing how much Gilbert loved the girl. But Diana didn't know what to say to him about her kissing him.
"She ran this way," Gilbert showed her with his arm which way Anne had gone. Diana walked along the path Gilbert pointed to looking for anything that would attract Anne.
"You are a handsome fox," someone exclaimed from in front of them. Diana jumped at the sound of the voice but immediately felt relieved when she realized it was Anne. Gilbert began sprinting down the path towards the voice. Diana giggled as he ran down the path.
"Anne! Anne!" He called out getting closer to the voice. It had rained earlier that morning and mud was getting all over Gilbert's pants and shoes but he didn't seem to mind.
"Gilbert?" Anne called out it seemed as if the voice kept getting farther. He stopped running and began coughing. He couldn't breathe all the energy he had was used to run down the path.
Anne began running towards the coughing worried about Gilbert, which was new for her. She reached him and smiled at how dirty he had gotten. 
" you got muddy just for me?" She teased helping him get stable. Gilbert rolled his eyes smiling, he hugged her tightly Diana watching from the sidelines not wanting to ruin the moment.
"Oh my gosh, you skipped school for me too!" She exclaimed she was very proud of herself she was important enough for Gilbert to miss a day of school, and possibly get in trouble.
"Of course I would do that, anything for The Anne Shirley Cuthbert," Gilbert teased still not letting go of Anne. The moments leading up to her running rushed back to her all at once and immediately pulled away.
" About earlier, are you mad? I mean of course you aren't you have violet why would it matter if I kissed Jerry? Hah it's completely fine, there was no re-" Anne was cutoff by Gilbert kissing her. She blushed a deep red color before closing her eyes and embracing him. Diana still stood there watching her ship sail. But the moment didn't last long.
"See girls I told you he would be here," Violets voice came of out nowhere ruining the shirbert moment. Anne jumped breaking the kiss between them and faced violet a scowl on her face. Gilbert was still trying to process the kiss and didn't even notice violet standing there.
"What do you want?" Anne asked coldly not actually wanting to know. Violet smiled as if she knew Anne would ask this specific question.
"Funny you would ask, I actually want him," she paused and pointed at Gilbert, ", if I don't get him then all hell will break loose, and we don't want that do we?" Violet was acting tough trying to scare Anne but she wasn't succeeding.
"How exactly?" Gilbert asked standing in front of Anne as if trying to protect her.
"By telling everyone what she really did last summer," she explained a smirk appearing on her face. Anne's face turned white as if she had seen a ghost. Gilbert and Diana had no idea what she was talking about.

"Who told you about that?"  Anne asked her voice trembling she thought Billie wasn't going to say anything. Gilbert looked at Anne trying to grab her attention but she didn't make eye contact. 

"Josie did, she knows all about what happened. She was there," Violet explained watching Gilbert, he clearly had no idea what they were talking about. "Now if you want your secret to stay a secret Gilbert's mine," Violet added a smirk on her face knowing Anne wouldn't want the whole school to know.

"Gilbert, I was drunk and it meant nothing but its not something I want anyone to know," Anne explained not making eye contact with anyone. Gilbert understood that Anne didn't want anyone to know so he walked over to violet his head down in shame. Violet smiled at him grabbing his hand before turning around and walking away.

"Don't hurt him, please," Anne whispered holding back tears, "I'm in love with him," 

a/n sorry for not updating in like 10100000101069 years