we're all doomed

***

YOU WERE JUST THE RIGHT KIND

***

YOU ARE OUT OF MY LEAGUE

***

SOPHIE had changed into a white tunic with gold embroidering on the elbow length sleeve and black leggings with black knee high boots. She was already grumpy that she had to go to dinner, but her mood became even worse when she got into trouble cause "they were going to be late if she didn't hurry". She left her mid-back length hair down and didn't bother to put makeup on because just "bleck..."

She was not happy. She did not want to go to dinner and she did not want to hang out with royals and-

"Sophie, come on!" Edaline yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming," Sophie grumbled, trudging down the stairs mumbling about stupid parents making her go to stupid dinners with stupid royals.

"You look lovely," Grady said, looking at her with a loving smile. "Just like..."

He trailed off there, not wanting to speak her name, but Sophie knew what he would've said. Sophie smiled weakly. She loved her parents, she really did, but sometimes she felt like she was constantly trying to live up to their expectations, one of those being their expectation that she's exactly like there deceased daughter, Jolie.

They all looked away, Sandor standing awkwardly in the shadows.

Breaking the silence Edaline clapped her hands and pulled out her pathfinder. They all joined hands and stepped into the light.

The blinding gates of Everglen Palace seemed to be taunting Sophie and she glared at them.

"Stop looking as if you swallowed a lemon," Sandor whispered in her ear. Sophie turned to look at him and gave him a fake smile. 

 Sandor scoffed. "Not a very good actress I see." 

Sophie made an indigent sound.

A page came running up to them to open the gates. 

"Right this way," he said, and then turned and scurried into the palace. Grady and Edaline linked arms and walked towards the palace, conversing. Sophie slowly followed them dragging her feet behind her, Sandor giving her a push every once in a while. The page led them to the hallway leading to the dining room. Sophie looked up to see a tall... strawberry blonde boy?

"Dex?"

The boy turned around, and it was indeed Dex Dizznee. "Sophie?" 

An expression of relief covered his face. He walked over and gave her a brotherly hug. "What are you doing here?"

Sophie's expression turned sour and she grumbled, "The royals invited us for dinner and Grady and Edaline are making me come. Why are you here?"

"Same thing as you, though, my mom and dad couldn't come. The triplets were being horrible."

"Ah." Sophie smiled at the mention of his siblings. There was no doubt in her mind that they're three whole things of terror, but they made her laugh, and that was all she really cared about. 

"This'll be interesting." Dex glanced around the room they were waiting in before looking back at her. 

"What chaos have you caused so far?" he whispered.