like i've been stabbed

***

TRYING TO KEEP OUR FEELINGS SECRETLY COVERED

IT'S ALMOST LIKE WE KNEW THAT THERE WOULD BE HISTORY BETWEEN US TWO

***

THERE'S NO WAY THAT IT'S NOT GOING THERE

WITH THE WAY THAT WE'RE LOOKING AT EACH OTHER

***

SOPHIE woke to a throbbing in her stomach area only to find herself in a strange room filled with elixirs and cots. She remembered having a dream, though she couldn't remember what it was about, she knew it was important. Almost dangerous. Sophie shoved that thought out of her head, looking around the room to find a chair next to her in which her sleeping cousin was curled up. She had to stifle a laugh at the sight of him; his hair was sticking up in every direction, his mouth was wide open with a little bit of drool sliding down his chin and his long legs were curled up unnaturally in the small chair.

Unfortunately Sophie's little giggle ended in a coughing fit and Dex woke up with a start. He looked around until his eyes landed on the blonde.

"Good, you're awake," he said, standing up.

"I'm awake?" she teased, one eyebrow arching.

Before he could come up with a retort, loud voices came from another room that Sophie hadn't noticed connected to the one she was in. Following the voices came the prince, his father and another man Sophie had never met before entered the room. Their voices all abruptly cut off at the sight of an awake Sophie. Their expressions changed as well but not before Sophie saw the slight frown on King Alden's face, the hard look in the prince's eyes, and the uncomfortable expression the other man wore.

"You're awake!" The man exclaimed in surprise and moved towards her.

All in one motion Sophie reached for a dagger she always kept in a small sheath that hung on her thigh to find that she was wearing a sack like dress, the prince threw his hand out to stop the man, and Dex stepped towards her.

"Elwin, don't you think you should introduce yourself first?" Prince Fitz asked the man in a tone that suggested he was going to do just that.

"Of course of course, my apologies. My name's Elwin and I'm the royal physician here in the palace. How do you do?" he said with a smile that lit up his features as he held out his hand. Sophie then realized that he wasn't as stunningly good looking as all the other elves she had met. Of course he was good looking as all elves are, but with wild dark hair and blue eyes that were almost gray he wasn't exactly what you would call movie star ready, but that might've been why Sophie (against her better judgement) found herself immediately liking him.

Sophie smiled and tried to reach out to shake his hand but pulled back with a yelp as pain coursed through her body. The prince frowned.

"Ah yes we should probably take a look at that," Elwin said and with a nod from Fitz, he moved closer to Sophie. 

Since when did the prince dictate what happened to her?