everything will change

***

ARE YOU WATCHING YOUR BACK, OR ARE YOU MOVING FORWARD

***

IT GOES STRAIGHT TO THE HEART

***

IT was three days before Sophie could get out of bed. It was another two days after that when Sophie and Fitz found out the prince could enter her mind. Sophie screamed.

Fitz had been hearing soft whispers of a girls voice and was mentally going insane for a few days but it wasn't until he walked by the room Sophie was staying in and heard quiet mumbling did he connect the two. He decided to test his theory. In his defense all he transmitted was, "It's me." The whole castle heard her scream. They had to call Dex over to calm her down.

Lord Keefe, the princess, and her brother were all leaning against the door to the mysterious girls room trying to hear what they were saying. All they heard was, "I DON'T WANT HIM IN MY MIND!" Some mumbling.

"He's not allowed!" More mumbling.

"I won't let him in!" A sigh and some more mumbling.

"It's my mind, why should he have access to it?" A louder sigh.

"It doesn't matter whether it's fair or not that I have access to everyone else's mind, Dex. It's because I'm better than everyone else." Louder mumbling.

"I don't care that we're going to be 'cognates', I WON'T let him in my mind!"

"SOPHIE ELIZABETH FOSTER YOU ARE GOING TO LET THE PRINCE IN YOUR MIND IF ITS THE LAST THING YOU EVER DAMN WELL DO!"

The door to her room slammed open knocking the three back. That wasn't such a bad thing though because if they hadn't moved the royals would been in the way of a furious Dex. Sophie was behind him, seething and glaring at Prince Fitz. The prince smiled nervously.

Sophie marched straight up to the prince until her nose was almost touching his chest and looked up.

"Do it," she whispered and Fitz didn't even have to think about what she meant and once again, transmitted, "It's me."

As he entered the never-ending halls of her mind, Sophie gasped and grabbed his hand. Everything shimmered with a light sprinkling of green and the same soft voice he had heard for days was all around him. Except today, she sounded angry. Sophie growled, ripped her hand away, and stomped into the room she was staying in, slamming the door behind her.

"What'd you do?" Biana questioned.

"Nothing," Fitz said defensively.

"You better come right back out here this instant, Cousin," Dex said to the door.

"No!"

"Cousin!" Dex said in a warning tone.

The door creaked open and Sophie peaked out, glaring of course.

"So how was it?" Dex asked in a softer voice, as if speaking to a young child.

"Wonderful," Sophie answered grumpily.

"Huh?" Fitz was thoroughly confused.

"It felt like," Sophie choked, "I felt like I was whole." Sophie looked so disgusted with herself Keefe almost laughed, but knew he probably wouldn't live to see tomorrow if he did.

Fitz felt like he could float. Her words went straight to his heart and lifted him up.

Princess Biana wasn't sure how to feel, it was pretty deep and Biana didn't exactly like this girl. Plus it was about her brother and she did not need this type of information thank you very much.

Dex knew his aunt, uncle, and the king and queen would be ecstatic but he really didn't want his cousin with someone else. What if she left him for good?

"So this means we really are destined to be Cognates, huh?" Fitz told the brown eyed elf.

"Yeah, I guess so." She slammed the door in his face. 

This is going to change everything. 

The words drifted around Fitz, and he couldn't help but agree.

~

Word Count: 629

Originally Published: Feb. 18, 2020

Edited: Dec. 26, 2020

hey look! i'm not dead! anyway, this chapter's kinda shorter than normal but oh well. this is kind of a filler chapter but not really. i really want to introduce you to Keefe and Biana and hopefully i can later on. you know i started off with an idea for this chapter but it kinda just fell apart. i still like how it came out though. i also hope you can forgive me for not updating for like two months. ok that's all i wanted to say. love you!!

XoXo,

S