trust

***

CAN I TRUST YOU?

***

I'M SO THROUGH WITH ALL THE PAIN

***

TELEPATHY could have gone better, and it wasn't because the Neverseen decided to attack the palace that day, and it also wasn't because Sophie was going to have to learn to trust the prince. No, it wasn't because of any of that. It was the fact that she had to go at all.

Sophie's weekend was uneventful. Just the usual. Hanging out with Dex, Tam, and Linh. Marella had taken Sophie to Atlantis to show her a wonderful restaurant she had discovered. Sophie had monitored her base and went through a bunch of updates from undercover spies based throughout the Lost Cities. The Neverseen had been pretty quiet which made her anxious. But the weekend passed and soon it was Monday morning.

Sophie dragged herself out of bed and walked to her shower, the cold water semi waking her up. She changed into black leggings, a plain lilac tunic and black riding boots. An understated black cape with silver lining covered her back.

She said good morning to her pet Imp, Iggy, and walked down stairs with Sandor following her, careful to stay hidden in the shadows.

She was still upset with Grady and Edaline for forcing her to train with his Royal Pain in the-

"Good morning, dear," Edaline called from the kitchen.

Sophie grunted a greeting and grabbed a mango looking thing that tasted like a strawberry from the fruit bowl on the counter and took a seat on the couch.

Unlike the other nobles, who were as old fashioned as the royal family, the Ruewen's preferred to be as modern as possible. They had no Elvin servants and Edaline and Sophie often wore pants instead of dresses. Most people believed it was because of Jolie's death, but it was simply just the way they were made. The family believed that just because elves had indefinite lifespans it didn't mean you will have that much time, so they liked to soak up all the world had to offer. This was probably why Sophie's creators had chosen the Ruewen's to be her new family and even though they had a bit of trouble at the beginning of their relationship, it all worked out in the end.

"Grady and I may not be home when you get back. We are meeting up with a few friends for lunch and don't know when we'll be home. Don't forget you have practice after your session with the prince, so you might as well bring your bow and arrows and sword with you. When you get home please do your chores. Oh, and Mr. Forkle hailed me earlier saying he had a few things he would like to discuss, so you should head over to the base after your chores. You need to leave in a few minutes so you aren't late. I'll be out in the pastures if you need anything." Edaline came over and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks, I'll see you later," Sophie told her.

Sophie finished her fruit and walked back up to her room to grab her sword and bow and arrows. She took a quick glance in the mirror, checking her hair.

Sophie's hair was straight, but voluptuous. It did what it wanted and she didn't try to stop it, almost like her. Marella often compared her hair to that of a lions mane and Sophie had been surprised to realize that she didn't mind the comparison. Lions are strong and powerful creatures who are fiercely protective and a tad chaotic. Sophie couldn't find a better comparison of herself.