A Cute Greeting - Chapter 6

They started to clap and stomp their little feet. The kids then started to march towards me in a single file line. Youngest to oldest except for the babies who were in the back with Koda.

"My names is Umi. I wike Pink." A girl with chocolate brown hair, pale skin, and green eyes shouted.

"My 'ame is Jamaka. I 'ike cars." A boy with short black hair, milk chocolate brown skin, and bold, dark blue eyes yelled.

"My's names is Natory an I 'ike poppies." A girl with bright scarlet hair, pale white skin, and sparkling yellow eyes whispered.

"My name is Torima. I like to read." A boy with little green glasses, dark blue hair, lightly tanned skin and bright grass green eyes said.

"M-MA-MY NAME I-IS GOMATASU. I REALLY LIKE YOUR EYES." A boy with pale blond hair, peach skin, and glowing bronze eyes bowed with a deep blush covering his cute plump cheeks declared.

'Cute' I thought as he walked off.

"Our names are Cotama and Kotama. We like to stay by each other's side." a pair of boys spoke in unison. They both had sandy blond hair, blue and green eyes, and light peach skin.

"And these are the baby bunch," Koda said with a song like voice, "Mato and Sato are the twins, then our little princess is Nami."

"And that is the inroduction song," all the kids shouted.

(I did the baby like words on purpose/and most of the obvious misspells too)

"It was lovely. My name is Mari Wilson. I hope we can get along," I kindly smiled at them. Once I said that all the kids ran toward me.

"I hope you like it here, Mari," Koda smiled back at me.

"I think, I will," I announced.

I spent about twenty minutes in the daycare playing and reading to the kids until Koda and I were the only ones in the room. We started to talk and I learned he had been trying to recruit people for some time now and never had any luck.

"Well, I can start helping you with that," I offered and he smiled.

"That would be great."

"Well, I have to go. See you, Koda," I got up off the floor and started to head out.

"OK, bye, Mari," he waved.

Once I got back home I got prepared to walk in and start doing the housework.

"I'm back," I called out into the dorm.

"Welcome back, Mar" Kato's head popped out of the kitchen.

"Yes, welcome home Mari," Kotaro greeted walking towards me.

"So, what have you two been doing in my kitchen?" I asked trying to look past Kotaro's body.

"You'll see. Now go sit in the living room and wait for dinner to be served," Kato came out of the kitchen and both boys walked me to the living room.

"Ok, but if I smell something burning or I see flames, I'm coming in there. You better not burn down my kitchen, got me," I threatened.

"Yes, ma'am," they both saluted and walked away as I sat on the couch. After about ten minutes they finally called me into the dining room. I sat down in my usual chair and waited for the food to be served. They brought the food out on a nice looking plate.

"What is all this for?" I asked as they set the plate in front of me.

"Nothing, it's just you do all the housework and we wanted to help you out. Hope you enjoy," Kotaro said.

I nodded my head and took a bite of the food that was placed in front of me. I could tell that they had tried to make a beef steak with a spinach sauce. Of course, since they didn't know how to cook, the steak was overcooked, the sauce didn't have enough flavoring, and they put too much salt on the meat. They watched me chew and swallow the food.

"You put to much salt on it," as I said that their faces fell. "But other than that. It's really good." I lied with a convincing smile.

At that, they looked up and smiled. "Thanks," they beamed and started to eat.

"I'll give you cooking lessons on Saturdays, ok."

"That sounds great," Kato shouted with excitement and Kotaro just nodded in approval.

As we ate I could tell they were starting to catch on to my lie but didn't say anything about it. After, we ate I told them I would make dessert. I walked into the kitchen, tied an apron around my waist, and started to grab the ingredients for cupcakes. Vanilla, flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, milk, eggs, and more. I got a huge bowl and cracked the eggs into the big bowl.

After, I got done with mixing the batter I put it into the cupcake pans and put the pans into the oven. After that, I made the icing. Once all that was done I went into the living room, jumped over the back of the couch, grabbed a pillow, and laid down.

When the timer I set went off, I got up and took the cupcakes out of the oven. I then reset the timer for 30 minutes to tell me when the cupcakes would be cooled. Then I started to deep clean the kitchen. Every nook and cranny was spotless after I was done with it.

The timer beeped a couple of minutes after I finished the cleaning. I had made vanilla frosting and cupcakes. After I topped the cakes with frosting I put either a strawberry or a mini Hershey's bar on top. I put them on a platter and carried it into the living room.

"Cupcakes are ready," I announced. You could hear feet pounding across the floor as the twins came rushing into the living room flinging themselves on the couch.

"Here," They both shouted.

"Yeah, I can see that," I rolled my eyes laughing. "The way you came barreling in, I could never have missed it."

They sheepishly laughed, scratching the back of their heads. I jumped over the back of the couch again and landed in the middle of the brothers.

Kotaro opened is mouth ready to ask what we wanted to watch today but we were one step ahead of him and shouted, "NARUTO!"

"Ok, ok. No need to scream," he huffed.

"Sorry," we apologized.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just eat."

"OK," was our response as we dug into the cupcakes.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading and hope you liked it. Sorry this was such a long update.

Words- 1052