Confession of 4 - Chapter 7

This week was really weird, Kotaro and Kato were fighting, like all week. They would glare at each other and avoid the other's presence. The only time they were nice to each other was when they were around me. Today, I got so annoyed that I sat them down in the living room so I could determine what the problem was.

"OK, what the heck is wrong with the two of you. You have been avoiding each other all week. I usually wouldn't care but it has gotten in the way of my peace. So spill it or there will be consequences," I demanded.

"Well it was all Kotaro's fault so ask him why this is going on," Kato huffed.

"Yeah right it was, you know you're the one who started it," Kotaro fumed.

"I told you I fell in love with her. So why do you keep trying to get in the way?" Kato yelled.

"NO, I told you I fell in love with her, you just need to back off," Kotaro seethed.

"So you both fell in love with the same person and now you're fighting about who will get her. But why not just ask her who she likes better? I mean even if you flip a coin you'll never know if she will fall in love with you. She could have fallen for someone else."

They turned to me and then back to each other.

"You're right Mar," Kato said.

"So if you had to pick between the two of us who would you pick?" Kotaro asked. They both looked at me questionably.

"I wouldn't be able to pick. I love you both," I said not realizing how I made it sound.

"You do?" They asked.

"Yep, your such good friends I would never want to lose either of you," I smiled.

"Oh, you mean a friend love," they both looked down.

"Yeah? What do you think I meant?" I tilled my head in question.

"Nothing!" Their heads shot up with a fake smile plastered on their faces.

"If you say so?" I said more a question than a statement. "Well, we need to be going off to school, so get ready."

The moment we got to class Koya and Alamo greeted us. I don't know why but I could swear the four alphas got really tense and gave forced greetings to each other.

"Mari, you should come to sit with us today," Alamo offered while he and Koya led me to the row they usually sat in.

"Um, ok," I smiled. I then looked back at the twins, "This way you two can work out whatever is bothering you."

Class went on without a problem after that. As we were walking to our next class I saw Koda.

"Hey, Koda," I yelled from across the courtyard. He looked up and around when his eyes landed on me and widened. He ran over out of breath by the time he reached us.

"Hey, Mari. Nice to see you," he chirped.

"You too. Well, I just wanted to say hi," I beamed

"Oh, ok. Well, uh, see you at the daycare," He waved as he ran off towards his class.

"Bye, see you after school," I said.

"Who was that?" Alamo asked.

"He's the other daycare helper," I answered.

...........

School ended for the day and Alamo, Koya, Kato, and Kotaro walked me to the daycare. I had told them I would be fine by myself but they insisted. I would usually pay no mind to this, but they had put me in a protective box. Two in front, two in the back. What made it worse, every time we passed another alpha they would death glare them till we passed them.

By the time we got to the daycare, I was to the point where I forced a smile, said bye and slammed the sliding door in their faces before they could say anything to me.

"Are you Ok?" I heard Koda's timid voice from the corner. I looked over to see him and the kids in the corner like some murderer came in the room.

"What do you mean?" I said in a very annoyed tone.

"You look like your about to stab someone. You scared me and the kids," He said with a week smile.

I took a deep breath calming down and said with a smile, "I'm sorry for causing you any distress. I'm just a bit annoyed. Those four alphas are acting so weird and it's starting to get on my nerves."

"Oh, how so?" Koda cocked his head to the side in a kind of cute gesture.

"Well, for the past week Kato and Kotaro have been avoiding each other like the plague. Alamo and Koya have been a little clingy. Then, today they made a protective box around me glaring at every alpha we passed," I huffed.

"Maybe they're in heat?" He suggested.

I looked at him for a second, the words still processing in my brain," I never thought of that. You're right, Alpha's get very territorial over friends, family, and mates. I can't believe I never thought of that. Thank's, Koda."

"Your welcome," he lightly chuckled. It sounded like a melody. "But I think you need to apologize to the kids, you scared them half to death, okay?"

"Oh yeah," I walked over to where the kids were and bent down on my knees, bowing. "I am sorry for scaring you. Will you forgive me."

I looked up to see their scared faces turn into triumphant smiles," Of course, Mari-chan." They came barreling at me wrapping their little arms around me.

.............

After all the kids were picked up I walked Koda home and then went to my house. The moment I opened the door I saw Kato and Kotaro arguing with Alamo and Koya. I took a deep breath and started to walk toward the commotion. As soon as I got into the living room I pulled the four Alphas apart.

"What is going on here?" I calmly asked making the alphas shiver.

"N-no-nothing," Kotaro strutted.

"You all have five minutes to think of your explanations while I change and then I want to know what is going on. Do you understand." I stated more than asked the last part. They nodded their heads in unison. I nodded once as I turned on my heels and walked to my room.

Once I was dressed and ready, I walked back into the living room. I stood in front of the couch staring them down. This went on for a good ten minutes.

"So are Y'all going to speak or am I going to be staring at you all night?" I asked looking at each one of them.

"Well, you see..."

"We were just..."

"It started because..."

"It's because..."

"I LOVE YOU!!!!" They all shouted at once.

My eyes widened as I tried to process what they just said. I had never been confessed to in my whole entire life. I didn't even know how to love someone. Had no idea what was happening. So I said the first thing that came to mind, "What?!"
________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading and I hope you like.

Comment if you have anything to say

Word Count -  1165