Reunion

Staring at my 'date', I let out an internal sigh.
He was 28 years old. 6 years older than me - but still behaved like a child that found a toy. His badly dyed blonde hair was swept back with way too much gel, making it look crumbly. He was wearing an ill fitting white dress shirt that almost seemed to burst at the seams around his huge belly. His grin kind of reminded me of a toothless shark.

"Please bring the best wine.", he said in a voice dripping of vomit inducing honey to the poor waiter who he had ordered around the whole evening.

That was strike number 1. Wait. Strike 1 was the place for this date.

A bad fish restaurant at the shadier parts of Seoul, even though I told him I didn't like to eat fish. The restaurant smelled of dust and mold, so I hadn't even touched my food. His appearance and behaviour were strike 2. Who was I kidding? I was on this blind date because of one of my colleagues who begged me to meet him because he wouldn't stop laying in his ear about how alone he was.
And since I was the only single of the whole department, I had to step in. I first wanted to decline, but he had saved me from getting caught by the boss when I was running late mulitple times and always covered for me when I had to take a day off.

Smiling at the toddler who was having the time of his life with some marbles in the corner, I lifted my mood a bit. It must've been the child of one of the workers there, seeing how his dad ran back and forth just to entertain it. As the toddler started to cry loudly because one of his marbles fell to the ground, I heard a 'Tsk' coming from my 'date'. Looking back at the unpleasent view of him, I raised my eyebrows. "What's wrong?", I asked, trying hard to maintain a conversation and a pleasant undertone in my voice. "Can't they just, like give him something to make it sleep? I really fucking hate kids.", he grumbled, and the grip around the glass in front of me tightened.

"You hate kids?", I asked, just to be sure what I had heard was right. "Ya. They're like little trolls of horror.", he said shuddering.

Strike 3.

That was it. Grabbing my bag, I stood up. "I think we have to end this here.", I said in a cold tone, bowing slightly. "Good bye."

Leaving without looking at his confused face again, I breathed in the cold evening air. It wasn't that late yet, maybe 9 pm but the area here felt like it was already 3 am. No people anywhere in sight. About 5 seconds later, I heard him barge out the restaurant, following me quickly. "Ya, you bitch. I paid for the food and your still so ungrateful?!", he yelled angrily. Ignoring him, I didn't stop walking. I just didn't want to deal with him. Well, at least not until he suddenly grabbed my shoulder. Bad idea.

Within 2 seconds he was laying on the floor, the heel of my shoe directly pointed at his throat. He looked at me with a shocked expression. "Never touch a woman without her permission, especially not a police officer.", I growled emotionless, before pulling out some money and throwing it at him. "There's the money you spent for the food. Enjoy."

And with that, I turned around and walked away from the still on the floor laying guy.

Getting out of my black chevrolet spark, I flinched as the car creaked with every motion. Gosh. I really had to get a new one.
But that wasn't important right now. Smiling brightly as my neighbour opened the door, I bowed. "Thank you for looking after Hana.", I said with a soft voice to the elderly grandma. She laughed a bit and hugged me quickly. "I don't mind. She's an angel. You're raising her well, Mina.", she said smiling, when I could already see my beautiful daughter walking slowly towards the entrance. She was wearing her pink bunny pyjamas and rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Mommy?", she asked with her soft voice, her face immediately lighting up when she recognized me.

Picking her up swiftly, I smiled as she nuzzled onto my shoulders. "Again, thank you.", I quickly bowed wth Hana still in my arms, waving the granny good-bye before making my way up to our apartment.