Story #8 - Your mother

Geez! It's Sunday again already!  🙄🙄🙄🙄

Breakfast? No! I don't have time to cook right now. I've got to prepare for church.

Yes, siree! Baptized at 1-month old and have been attending mass every Sunday since then. Oops, pardon me, dear God. Yes, I skipped a few masses due to sickness and traveling. But that's all. Really!

Alright, let's have some quick cheerios. I am starving also. Are you okay with whole milk? 

Oh, please sit down, Jjong! You are in my wayyy.... WATCHHHHH.....OUTTTTTT!!!!!!

Stop laughing!!!! This is JUST great! Now I have to change my shirt. My sister only ironed this one shirt for me. Grrrrrr 😫😫😫

I know! I know you did not bump into me. But I still thought I had to avoid you! Just you wait, Jjong. Next time I will walk right throoooough you. So be prepared! 😜😜

----------

Come on! Walk with me! This will be a nice stroll down the street.

You mother and sister are probably heading to church also, right? Do you know where they often go for Sunday service? You hadn't gone with them, had you? Reaaally? I have to wait for the confirmation from them to believe that statement of yours. 

Aren't these blooming jacaranda trees just breathtakingly beautiful? I used to live in a neighborhood where the streets were lined with them on both sides. In the summer? The whole nabe would be doused in purple, like this. Just mesmerizing!

 Just mesmerizing!

Why? 

Are you missing your mother because we are walking to church? 

Oh, my poor Jjong! 

Come here.

It's okay. 

It's okay, Jjong. 

It's okay. 

Just calmly think about what you want to say to her during mass. When we get home, I will type it out and post it for you. 

Shhhh! 

Shhh! 

Shh!

"Mom!

Thank you for sending your son off so well.

I miss you every much. 

I also love you very much. 

Hence, I am immensely sorry that I made you mourn the loss of me. For leaving the physical world before you, I apologize, mom. Please forgive this unfilial son. My mind wasn't clear enough to remember that no matter how difficult it was for you to see me drown in agony and anguish as I kept struggling to appreciate my self-worth, it would still be far less painful than having to lament my sudden departure, as you are now.