Chapter 4

One of Ugrasena’s soldiers started to drag a woman away from her family while her husband was lying wounded and her kids were pleading the soldier. The soldier was stopped by Shivudu who pinned him down to the ground by twisting his arm. Shivudu looked at the surrounding people and yelled “You have shouted for Baahubali.What would Amarendra Baahubali do when a woman is mistreated?” . He looked at her kids and yelled “You have accepted Baahubali’s flag.What would Baahubali do when it comes to the protection of his mother?”. Shivudu’s words and action destroyed the fear in the minds of the kids, who pounced upon the fallen soldier. Watching the kids attack, a reaction triggered in a few surrounding people who started attacking the soldiers. Ugrasena who was observing this from a distance sent a bunch of 10 soldiers to attack Shivudu at once. Shivudu caught and lifted one of the soldiers in the flash of a second and swirled him around, attacking the rest of the 9 soldiers at one go. Shivudu continued to yell “What would Amarendra Baahubali do to those who stand by the rogue who killed his mother and enslaved his wife?” Shivudu’s words started provoking the surrounding people who were equally amazed by his strength. They voluntarily took up the flags and yelled “Destroy them” to Shivudu in reply. Ugrasena was equally amazed at Shivudu’s strength and decided to take him out himself. He approached Shivudu with with a large bunch of his soldiers. Shivudu’s plucked out a tree and started smashing the approaching soldiers even before they could reach him. Ugrasena managed to escape the swirling tree and threw his sphere at Shivudu. Shivudu though managed to escape the sphere, had his helmet taken off by it. Ugrasena stood perplexed for a moment he saw the face of Shivudu and started to fall back in fear. The rest of Ugrasena’s army also began to fall back looking at their commander running away in fear. The people surrounding Shivudu were stunned the moment they saw Shivudu’s face.

‘Baahubali’ shouted an elderly person and people began to surround Shivudu upon hearing this. Shivudu headed towards the coronation throne and addressed the public saying “My grandmother Sivagami Devi sacrificed her life to save me so that I can fulfil your wish of seeing Baahubali as your ruler. My mother Devasena remained enslaved all these years, so that I could come to free her and Mahishmathi from the clutches of tyranny and greed. Bhallaladeva was never a strong leader. You have been his strength all this while. You can choose to be Baahubali’s spirit.” He paused for a while and continued “I, Mahendra Bahubali, did not come here to be your ruler. I came here to be your representative. I will be the voice, vision and strength of every person who stands up for the spirit of Amarendra Baahubali”. The people took up the flags and started raising the slogans of Baahubali. The soldiers started blowing war sirens in support. The mere sight of Mahendra Baahubali was enough to provoke them to stand out for him. His words had managed to provoke the younger generations of Mahishmathi who though hadn’t seen Amarendra Baahubali’s leadership, were ready to accept Mahendra as their leader as they could clearly see the difference between him and Bhallaladeva. Devasena was brought to the kingdom by Jaya Varma, amidst this. She felt her presence all over Mahishmathi the moment she entered the kingdom, as this was the sight she had been longing for all these years. Shivudu approached her and made her sit on the coronation throne in the centre of Mahishmathi.