Chapter 5

Sara was a woman on a mission. She was true to her words, visiting Lou's bar every single night she worked. Much to Lou's annoyance, Sara planted herself at the bar, with her favorite martini in hand, pointing and obnoxiously loud whispering about every attractive girls who passed by them. All night long. Like a drunk uncle who talked your ears off, mentioning every single thing all of your relatives had been up to. Lou loved Sara like a sister she had never had, but god, she was about this close from banning her forever from her bar.

"Did you say that she is a brunette or blond?" Sara was on her third martinis of the night and she already on her happy, tipsy mood. "Nope, don't answer that! I bet that she is brunette. You do like your women with dark hair."

"For god's sake, Sara." Lou tossed her rag onto the table, barely missing Sara's glass. "Must you ask this every single night? I've never told you anything about this woman and I would never start, since you insist to be a pain in my ass."

Lou's rant didn't faze her. She knew that Lou loved her enough to not be that mad at her. She just chuckled while waved her hand dismissively. She playfully poked Lou's arm, that was braced firmly on the table, while Lou continued to stare daggers at her.

"Oh, Lou. You're just cranky because you haven't called your cute girl. Stop being such a stubborn coward and just give her a call." Sara smirked mischievously. "Or should I be the one who call her? I can swing that way too. Just give me her number."

"Nope, not a chance. I didn't have her number anymore." Lou smile smugly. Obviously, Debbie's numbers had been washed off by now. She had put it in her contacts. And memorized it too, just in case. The only left that she didn't do with those numbers was called them.

"That's alright. I can just tell her in person."

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, relax." Sara waved her hand at Lou, who looked slightly concerned but didn't really believe her words. Then Sara made a show of looking around the bar, as if she was waiting for Debbie miraculously appear before their eyes. "Oh, there she is!"

Lou couldn't believe her luck, or more appropriately misfortune, as she stared at Debbie, entering the bar as if on cue. She watched her poised strides, coming straight at them, with a magnitude of disbelief which she had never imagined would happened in her life. She shifted her focus at Sara, who now had the smug smirk on her stupid face. Then she grabbed her shoulders, pulling her close, ignoring Sara's protest.

"Hey, chill out, Lou!"

"Listen, you little shit," Lou harshly whispered through her gritted teeth. "What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Do?"

"No, you listen, you little bitch," Sara whispered back, "You think you're so smart that you can fool me? I took your phone when you were asleep and I combed through your contacts, looking for any unfamiliar names. I talked to Amy, Valerie, Kendra, Jessica, and many other women who was confused of who I am and told me that they only had one date with you and you never called them back."

"What the fuck?" Lou hissed. "You texted them all? Are you insane?"

"I am nothing but determined, you asshole. I haven't only contacted them, I met them. And I have apologized to them, as your concerned friend, because you've been acting like a jerk to the woman you've dated. Then I texted Debbie, who was surprised and not surprisingly done with your shit. She wanted nothing to do with you when you didn't contact her at all for two weeks and rightfully so. But I have successfully lured her here, only with one condition. To make your night absolutely horrifying, so buckle up and put up with it. Be on your best behavior, because I think this woman is right for you and you definitely have to win her back."

Sara finished her lecture just in time, as Debbie pulled a stool beside her, completely ignoring Lou. Sara patted Lou's cheek twice, like a little kid, which sobered Lou. Her head was still spinning from processing so much information.

"Lou, be a good girl and bring two more martinis for my friend here. I can tell that it's going to be a long, long night."