Chapter 1: Wherever You Go

"It's the President!"

"I heard President Luo and Chairman Zheng are passing by to congratulate Manager Qin on his performance last week!"

"President Luo Ren looks so handsome! Easily one of the best looking men I've ever seen."

"With his gorgeous long wavy hair and strong piercing eyes, he could easily be cast as an emperor of a period drama~"

"Exactly! He should be a celebrity!"

"Ohmygerddd, he can spank me anytime!"

"...."

"Too much info, Yu Fei. We don't want to know your inner S&M fantasies..."

The ladies of the marketing department continued to chatter on with one another as the aforementioned President was walking across the room with the female Chairman Zheng Liuli at his side. This Chairman wasn't much older than the President, being both in their mid-twenties. Many have speculated about their close relationship, but it seemed as if the President hadn't made any moves yet on the Chairman. Perhaps it was due to her status. A man would usually feel inferior if the woman he liked had a higher status than him, right? Or perhaps it could be that Chairman Zheng wasn't beautiful, and the President wanted a woman who could be a feast for his eyes instead. Most men were like that.

It wasn't that Chairman Zheng was ugly. She was merely quite...ordinary. However, her eyes were pure and her aura soft and warm, like a gentle mother you wouldn't want to anger. Of course, no one really knew what kind of personality she had. As subordinates, they could only look at these lofty personages from afar.

While the ladies continued to gossip about their President and Chairman, with some eavesdropping on the conversation between the two, the President suddenly halted mid sentence.

His voice was not loud, but the tenderness imbued in his voice was palpable.

"Liuli, why don't you marry me already?" Were his words, leaving all subordinates of the marketing department dumbstruck.

He was proposing?!

Why was he proposing?!

And wait, why did he have to do it in the middle of the marketing office? Did he want all single people to die of envy?! The ladies suddenly saw their vision swim and their hearts break, yet they continued to peep at this proposal, burying the jealousy in their hearts. Zheng Liuli was the Chairman of this successful publishing company, and in terms of importance in their boss' heart, they were nothing compared to Chairman Zheng.

"Ren, don't be so hasty. This isn't the time and place to talk about it," Chairman Zheng responded, her palm on President Luo Ren's arm. He was planning on embracing her in the middle of the department, but was stopped by her hand.

All the ladies were in turmoil. Why was Chairman Zheng so intimate with the president, even calling him by his first name? So they knew each other since long ago?

Actually, President Luo Ren didn't do this embarrassing scenario on purpose. Ever since he and Liuli were children, he had always stuck to her like glue. Everyone knew there was something going on between the two of them, but even they themselves had not asked for a label between their relationship. They just simply knew they liked each other... without even confessing! This might've sounded dubious coming from other people, but it was different with Ren and Liuli. They were in each other's presence for so long that it was considered routine and normal. Neither one ever thought of liking someone else, and their loyalty to each other was never doubted.