02: ♠♢Engineer - Hearts♥♧

Hearts

Engineer wasn't one for interaction with others. In fact, if it wasn't for Captain, he wouldn't be with this ragtag group of survivors. And it seemed one member of the group had grown attached to him; if abuse was what 'attached' meant.

The man was constantly at the receiving end of Snow's abuse – if only to take his mind off of the many thoughts that plagued him. In that sense, he was a little grateful. But he never knew when she was up to something different. Big or small – he was never truly prepared. 

So when he woke that day with something blocking the view on top of his goggles, he was surprised. He shot up from the place he had chosen to sleep. His hand feel onto the mask, pulling the object away. 

He found the object stuck to his goggles had been a card. A playing card to be exact – a six of hearts. He sat, looking at it for a brief moment. His gaze drifted toward Snow, who happened to be sitting up and stretching. 

“I assume this is your doing...?”

The question was almost hesitant. He never knew what Snow was up to, so why should he treat this any any different.

She blinked, half of her visible face clearly showing the expression of confusion for a moment. Her expression brightened a moment later when she saw the object in his hand. 

“You need more hearts in your life!” She announced cheerfully. “So that card if perfect for you!”

Clearly finished with her announcement, she got to her feet and walked off, a bump in her step. Off to cause some new form of trouble, he was sure. 

Alone, he stared back at the card for a brief moment. He looked to see if anyone was watching. When he was sure it was safe, he pocketed the card. He accepted her gift – if anything to keep her happy. But that didn't mean anyone had to see him do it. 

“More hearts...” He muttered to himself. “Maybe she's right...”