Chapter 12

After a day of rest after being discharged, Keith was able to go back to school. Getting up with his alarm, Keith got ready for the day. Picking out a pair of black ripped jeans, with a black band t-shirt and his favourite red and black flannel before grabbing his bag and heading downstairs. He met his mom in the kitchen where she had a plate of toast waiting for him. Grabbing a piece of toast, he then quickly gave his mom a hug when the soft honk of a car horn could be heard.

"That's Lance, I'll see you after school mom!" Keith says as he makes his way to the door, toast in hand.

"Bye! Be safe!" his mom yells back. Swinging his backpack over his shoulder he closes the front door behind him, then skips over to Lance's blue car idling in the driveway. Throwing open the rear door he throws his backpack in the back seat before closing it and popping into the passenger side. Closing the door, he looks over to Lance with a smile.

"Good morning," Keith says as he gives Lance a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Morning, how you feeling?" Lance asks as he starts to pull out of the driveway.

"Pretty good, the odd sore muscle here and there but otherwise I'm all healed." Keith tells him. Lance nods and gives him a thumbs up before turning up the music for an early morning jam session, making Keith burst into laughter. Five minutes later the car pulls up to the school and Lance parks in the student parking lot. Lance quickly hops out of the car and runs around to open Keith's door before he can even blink. Keith smiles up at him.

"Fuckin simp," Keith whispers.

"Damn right," Lance says with a laugh. Lance helps Keith up and out of the car, grabbing his backpack as well before putting an arm around his waist as the both of them walk into the school. Luckily, they have first period together with Mr. Smith so they first stopped by Keith's locker to grab his textbooks. Hand in hand they walk towards the class and eventually split off once arriving to go to their regular seating but not before Keith wandered up to Mr. Smith.

"Ah Keith, it's good to see back and that you are doing okay. I know you have a lot of work to catch up on but I'm always able to renegotiate assignments due to the circumstances and give you any help at all. I'm having a help session today after school for students if you would like to pop by and we can talk some more."

"Sounds good Mr. Smith, I'll see you then." Keith says before heading back to his seat next to Pidge, who was hurriedly typing on his phone. Keith sat down next to him and watched as he quickly put down his phone and turned to look at him.

"What's up?" Pidge asks. Keith gives him a smirk.

"Whatcha hiding Pidge?" Keith asks as he points to Pidge's phone. Pidge gives him a glare before peaking down at his phone and giggling.

"More like who are you hiding?" Keith asks teasingly.

"Oh, I've just gotten really friendly with your mom lately, watch out or you'll have a new step-dad soon!" Pidge says as he sticks out his tongue. Keith bursts out laughing as he lunges for Pidge's phone and quickly glances at the screen.

"Keith!" Pidge screeches as he rips the phone from Keith's hands. Keith quirks an eyebrow at Pidge's reaction.

"Who's Jorji?" Keith asks as Pidge's face turns into a tomato.

"No one!"

"Uh huh, sure Pidge," Keith laughs. Suddenly Keith feels his arm start to tingle and looks down to see a note on his forearm from Lance.

What's going on over there?

Keith lets out a breathy laugh and looks over to Pidge.

"Lance is wondering why you screeched,"