Chapter 18

Keith walks down into the basement where everyone was huddled together, having a conversation in hushed voices when Keith clears his throat, and everyone turns to look in his direction. He holds up his phone screen, displaying the message containing the address to the group.

"113 Sherwood Road," Shiro reads. "Is that where he's holding Lance?"

Keith just nods before taking a deep breath.

"We don't have much time." he says. "I've got to get going."

"You're not going by yourself Keith." Allura says.

"What choice do I have!" Keith exclaims. "I can't bring the cops!"

"You've got us! For gods' sake Keith! We're all in this together, and we will not let you face that bastard alone!" Pidge shouts. Keith just looks at the floor sheepishly.

"I don't want anyone else getting hurt." Keith whispers.

"Well, that's a risk we are all willing to take to get you to back safely," Shiro says as he puts an arm around his brother's shoulder.

"Okay," Keith says as he looks around the room. "Then what's the plan?"

"Alright, so listen up," Pidge says, and everyone huddles together, ready to do whatever it takes to save their friends.

                                                                                              ____

"Keith is on his way here as we speak,"

Lance's head shoots up as Lotor walks into the room.

"And with every moment he gets closer to our location, the closer you get to dying. No matter what he does, he will never be able to save you. But don't worry, I'll take good care of him in your absence. I'll make sure he falls back in love with me and forgets he ever knew you."

"Keith will never love you, no matter what happens to me. He will never in a million years be with a monster like you!"

"We'll see Lance, we'll see." Lotor says as he strolls out of the room. Leaving Lance alone once again. Only moments later does the door open, and in creeps Acxa. Looking around quickly, she makes her way to Lance's side.

"I'm getting closer to finding which room my soulmate is being held in, just please hold on a little bit longer and I'll make sure you get out of here."

"It's okay Acxa, I'll be okay. Go find her," Lance tells her, relieved that soon he'll be free.

"Be strong," Acxa says before quickly darting out of the room.

"I'll try," Lance says to himself, "I'll try.

                                                                                       ____

The road they follow is dark and winding, as Shiro follows the GPS to the address Lotor sent. Pidge is sat in the passenger seat beside him, typing away on his phone, making sure that Allura and Hunk who are in Hunk's car are still following them. Jorji, and Keith are in the backseat, Keith constantly checking his phone to see if Lotor had sent any more messages. Soon Shiro pulls up in front of an abandoned mansion. All the windows are boarded up and pieces of wood and debris are pulling away from the walls. Shingles have been torn from the rood and the front porch is in varying stages of decay.

"Is this it?" Keith asks.

"Yep, it's an old abandoned house that was abandoned years ago." Pidge explains, "supposedly it used to be a popular teenage hangout a few years ago before some fell through the floor and got severely hurt. It probably used to be one of Lotor's old hangout spots before he went to jail."