Chapter 17

Looking at his phone again, Keith's anxiety started to grow tenfold. The clock read 7:00pm, two hours past when everyone was supposed to be at Pidge's. He'd sent messages to Lance, only to be left on read for the first couple messages and then only delivered. And even when he tried calling, he was sent straight to voicemail.

"Pidge, I'm getting worried," Keith says as Pidge sits down next to him on the basement couch.

"Why don't you try calling his mom?" Pidge says. "Maybe something happened at home, and he doesn't have his phone with him."

"I don't have his mom's number," Keith says as he continues to stare at his phone.

"Ask Hunk, he probably does."

"Ask me what?" Hunk says as he and Jorji enter the basement, both holding platter of snacks that they had finished setting up while upstairs.

"Do you have Lance's mom's number?" Pidge asks. "We still haven't been able to reach him."

"Oh yeah, here!" Hunk says as he tosses Keith his phone. Catching the phone, Keith looks to see it open to a contact that reads 'Lance's Mom'.

"Thanks," Keith says as he stands up and walks upstairs to call Lance's mom by himself. Holding the phone to his ear, he listens as it rings hoping to get some answers.

"Hola?" Lance's mom says on the other line.

"Hi Rosa! Sorry, but it's Keith, Lance's soulmate."

"Oh Keith! What's up sweetie!"

"I was just wondering if you knew where Lance was?" Keith asked.

"Um no, I haven't seen him since yesterday. He told me he was sleeping over your place. Is something wrong?"

A chill goes down Keith's spine as his anxiety grows at her words.

"Oh no not at all. He did stay the night but he left a couple hours ago to go buy snacks and he isn't answering his phone so I was wondering if he popped by home for a bit."

"As far as I know, he hasn't,"

"Okay, well- oh I just got a message from him, someone got a flat tire while he was out, and he stopped to help them."

"Oh, what a sweet boy! Well tell him I say hi when he gets back!"

"I will, have a goodnight, Rosa."

"Goodnight Keith!"

Keith hangs up the phone, his hands trembling. He stumbles to the stairs and slowly makes his way down the stairs. Breathing starting to become panicked.

"Keith?" Jorji says worriedly.

Keith reaches the bottom of the stairs and looks over to Hunk, Pidge and Jorji.

"What's going on?" Pidge asks.

"He's missing..." Keith whispers. Pidge rushes over to Keith's side and helps get him to a couch.

"What do you mean?" Hunk asks softly.

"Rosa hasn't seen him since yesterday morning, and she said that he messaged her to say that he was staying the night at my place."

"What did you tell Rosa?" Pidge says.

"I lied! I told her he did and that we sent him out for snacks and that he actually was just late because he helped someone fix a flat tire! I didn't want her to panic! Their family has been through so much that I don't want to cause panic or fear unless we can't find him!"

"Okay, okay, I understand. Do you know where else he could have gone?" Pidge asks.

"Maybe he went to his cousin's Allura, he could've accidentally typed Keith when he meant Allura." Keith says, trying to convince himself there is nothing to panic about.