Chapter 15

Days passed without problems, and finally it was Friday. Keith let out a relieved sigh as he walked the halls of the school with Lance as they headed out to the parking lot. All week that feeling of unease that Keith had felt hadn't left, causing him to be on the look constantly. But maybe now that the weekend had arrived, he could get a moment of peace. He could hang out with his friends without having to worry about his and his friend's safety and maybe, just maybe he and Lance could go on their first date.

"Anybody home?" Lance teased as wrapped his arm around Keith's waist when they arrived at his parked car. Keith smiled and leaned up against Lance's car.

"Sorry, just busy thinking." He says.

"Whatcha got on your mind beautiful?" Lance asks, popping open the backseat door to throw both of their backpacks inside.

"Just about the weekend," Keith replies, "and what we should do."

"Well, Pidge invited us over to their place for a movie night sleepover thing tomorrow at 5 with Hunk and Jorji. And nothing for Sunday." Lance tells him after shutting the backseat door.

"Right," Keith says, as he had forgotten about that detail, "so then, you want to do something Sunday?"

"Like what?"

"How bout our first date?" Keith asks as he looks down at his shoes. A smile breaks out across Lance's face as he takes Keith's hands in his.

"That sounds amazing Keith," he says. Keith looks up at Lance and smiles, a blush dusting his face.

"Can't wait," Keith whispers as he pulls Lance in for a hug before heading over to the passenger side door and hopping in. With a large smile still on his face, Lance hops in the car as well and starts the journey back to Keith's place.

"Do you mind if I hang out at your place for a bit?" Lance asks on the drive home, "Nobody is at home because Ron is staying the night at a friends, and mom is out with the twins and Bella."

"Yeah, for sure. You're always welcome at my place," Keith says. Soon they arrive back at Keith's place.

"Hey, who's car is that?" Lance asks as he points to an unfamiliar black car in Keith's driveway. Lance watches as Keith leaps out of the car, a giant grin plastered on his face as he dashes through the front door. Quickly, Lance makes his way out of the car, grabbing both their backpacks and follows him into the house.

"Shiro!" Keith shouts with excitement. Heavy thuds can be heard coming down the stairs as Shiro emerges from the top floor, only to engulfed in a tight hug from his brother. With a laugh Shiro gives him a tight squeeze back.

"It's good to see you buddy!" Shiro says. Letting go of Shiro, Keith gives his brother the biggest smile before socking him in the should lightly.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home!" Keith exclaims.

"In my defence, I didn't even know I was coming home. Allura kinda just told that she wanted to go somewhere, and I had to drive."

"I heard my name!" someone shouts from upstairs. Now, lighter footsteps descend the stairs as Allura appears wearing a cute purple sundress with her flowing white hair tied back in a high ponytail.

"Allura?" Lance asks, confused.

"Lance!" Allura exclaims in surprise. The two of them embrace each other in a quick hug, confusing both Keith and Shiro.

"Um... Lance?" Keith says, "how do you know Allura?"

"Well, she just happens to be my favourite cousin!" Lance says as he turns to Keith.