1.1 ;; awkward

"why are you here again?" taeil asked, looking at yuta in the doorway.

"ten wanted to go with johnny to practice vocals again, do you mind if i stay here tonight?" yuta asked, awkwardly looking at his shoes. he's not sure why but there seems to be a lot of tension between him and taeil lately.

"kind of" taeil mumbled, dropping onto his bed in a strop.

"i'll go talk to taeyong, i'm sure there'll be someone who doesn't mind me staying with them..." yuta trailed off, walking out of the tension filled room, and towards taeyongs shared room with donghyuck and mark.

he knocked three times, and opened the door slightly, to see mark and donghyuck on the one bed playing whatever game they were on, and taeyong on his bed, scrolling through his phone,

"hyung.. you said we were switching dorms soon right? for the new chinese members.." yuta asked quietly, ignoring the looks the two youngsters on the other side were giving him.

"yeah, why? is there something happening with you johnny again? i swear if you're arguing over the nutella again.." taeyong trailed off, pushing his hands through his hair in stress.

"no! ten keeps asking we switch for the night and i don't know, taeil doesn't seem to enjoy my company anymore and it feels kind of awkward" yuta explained, once again, trying to ignore the fact donghyuck was now basically stood in between the two, always wanting to know the gossip within the group.

"you and sicheng seem to be getting more comfortable with each other lately, go and see if doyoung will stay with taeil tonight, we'll talk about the new roommates tomorrow, go get some rest" taeyong said after a long sigh.

yuta nodded, and scurried down the corridors before he came to a stop outside of said dorm. he, again, knocked three times before peeking his head in, seeing doyoung sat on his bed listening to music, and sicheng no where in sight.

when doyoung noticed the presence of the boy, he pulled his ear phones out of his ears and smiled warmly up at him.

"hey, would you be okay with rooming with taeil again tonight?" yuta asked, looking at doyoung, who sent him a big grin with a nod, before jumping up and leaving.

yuta just stood there, a bit shocked by the sudden exit, then he heard the shower running, and put together that sicheng was washing up. he decided to just wait, and collapsed down onto doyoungs bed, pulling his own phone out and playing a random game he found.

after what felt like an eternity to yuta, the chinese boy came through the door, wearing an oversized white shirt and grey sweatpants, his now pink hair still wet, dripping slowly on the back of his shirt.

"where's doyoung?" sicheng asked, walking straight to his bed and pulling a hair dryer out of his bedside table, plugging it in straight away.

"he's rooming with taeil again tonight, you don't mind if i stay here right?" he asked, sending the boy a cheeky grin. sicheng let out a small giggle as he started drying his hair.

soon after sicheng was sat on his bed, weakly drying the ends of his hair before dropping the dryer on his lap, letting out a huff.

"my arms are tired already" he whined, collapsing down onto the bed. yuta smiled, locking his phone and getting up, making his way to sichengs bed. he sat down behind him, lifting him up from the bed before picking up the hair dryer from his lap and turning it on.

sicheng let out a sigh while smiling, enjoying the feeling of yuta's fingers brushing through his hair.