twelve.

"could you send me your notes?"

Dans text message came fully out of the blue at noon on saturday.
There was no "hey", no "it's dan" - considering that Phil hadn't had his number before.

"Sure" he answered, jumping up from his bed and rushing to his bag. After a bit of searching he found and sent his almost embarrassingly bad notes, adding "They're bad sorry" afterwards.

He sat back down on his bed, leaning with his back against the headboard.

"your honesty is appreciated and you're forgiven"

Phil chuckled to himself, knowing about Dans usage of words even though he had just met him.

"Thanks would've been enough"
"thanks"

He stared at the display for a couple of seconds, thinking about something he could text to keep their conversation alive, but nothing came to his mind except for something as basic as "wyd".

"if you want to we could hang out today, it's ok if you'd rather not"

He was slightly baffled when he read Dans sheepish attempt to ask him if he wanted to come over. Why wouldn't he?

"Why wouldn't I?" he asked more as an answer than a question.

"idk"
"at mine?"

"Yeah, just send me your address and what time" Phil stood up again, walking upstairs so he could ask his mum to give him a ride if needed.

"anytime from now?"

There was that slight worry in Phils mind, that almost tempted him to ask if everything was alright, but he didn't, he would see him in a couple of minutes anyways.

"Ok, I'll be there in max 20 minutes"

Fortunately, Phil had already showered and just needed to put on fresh clothes.
"I'll be at a friends house" he shouted into the silent house, before putting on his shoes and closing the front door behind him.

Dan lived just a few blocks away, so he just walked over to him, passing Pjs and Chris' house on the way.
It was no coincidence that the three lived that close together, they probably met on their way to school, became friends and hung out together.

It was coincidence though that Phil happened to move into the same area.

He stopped in front of a white house, walked up the porch steps and wondered why there was still a ramp leaning against them when Dan was able to walk.
He rang the doorbell and waited awkwardly for it to open.

"Hey, you must be Phil, I'm Jackie" A tall woman with brown, curly hair said, smiling softly.
"Hello" Phil mumbled, running his fingers through his quiff, fixing some loose strands.

"Dan is in his room, the door is open" she said, seemingly in a rush.
"Thanks" the black haired boy nodded, walking into the pointed out direction.

Something about adults or strangers in general always made him feel more lost than usual. There was too much room for speculations, too many possible characteristics and dangers.

He knew that he didn't have to write a ten page essay about every person he met, but something in his head was certain that that was exactly what he needed.