Chapter 2.5: Unlocked

*A/N - AHH. THIS PAST WEEK WAS SO STRESSFUL...I don't know if I'll be able to get a full chapter up this week, even though I really really really want to! I am kind of at a little block, but for now I might as well explain a little YoonSeok incident :3 I promise to try my best to post a new (full) chapter! I'll rant a little more at the end of the chapter so continue if you wish XP.*

He insisted that he was perfectly fine with being a producer for the company, and had no intentions of being in the spotlight. However, Bang PD-nim convinced him otherwise. Here Yoongi was standing in front of the door to his soon to be home, a dormitory.

When Yoongi first auditioned he had no intention of becoming an idol. He didn't consider himself to fit the" idol standard". He was short, a bit chubby for his small frame, small eyes, and nowhere as good of a dancer as he should be. Despite these flaws, no one could argue with his ability to produce music.

Yoongi made a name for himself in the underground scene. He created and sold many tracks under the name Gloss. He was also familiar with many other underground artists and is still in touch with them.

As much as Yoongi would have loved to stay in the underground, Yoongi had no choice but to audition for an idol company. The last sale of one of his tracks ended up with him handing over the hard drive and the other guy taking it and running. Yoongi got ripped off. He was short on money and from that sale he would have been able to purchase himself dinner and a bus ticket back home. But based off how that "transaction" went, Yoongi couldn't afford the luxury.

Being broke and having nothing else to do, no longer trusting to sell his music without the proper authorities, Yoongi decided to try working for a company.

Most people would have gone for one of the big name companies, but none of them really fit his style of music, and thus found himself auditioning for BigHit Entertainment. They had advertised that they were looking to create a hip hop group, which had definitely caught Yoongi's attention.

Yoongi passed the auditions and went into training to become one of the main artists and producers of the hip hop group. He was excited to be able to share his music again and looked forward to debut. However, that is until there had been a little change in plans.

More male talent had been discovered, and so Hitman Bang wished to create an idol group, wanting Yoongi to join the group. Yoongi strongly opposed at first and suggested that he remain an employee but would just produce music for the group. Bang PD-nim did not agree and told Yoongi, "Just think about it. I think it could be a big opportunity for you. You will still be able to produce music and I think you will enjoy the company of your groupmates! I'll be waiting to hear from you." Bang PD-nim smiled as he left the room leaving Yoongi to think.

Well. Here he is now. Yoongi was apprehensive but agreed, 'If all goes wrong I'll just quit. I can try and find another company to produce music for.'  Yoongi entered the dormitory and was greeted by a surprised Namjoon. "Yoongi! Wait? Why are you here?! Does this mean you agreed to be apart of the idol group too?" Yoongi didn't know what to do. Out of all people he did not expect Namjoon to agree to become an idol. Namjoon was also from the underground and just as skilled as Yoongi. Now he was confused. Two talented underground rappers becoming idols, how odd is that.

"Hello? Yoongi? If that's who you are?" "Huh? Oh shut it, yes this is Yoongi, I never thought two underground rappers like us would debut as idols, weird." Yoongi looked at Namjoon with a confused expression, "Yeah, no kidding, its odd how things change. Anyway, I'm glad you are here! We have a new member joining us soon, his name is Jung Hoseok." Yoongi's confused expression became more apparent because the name was familiar but he was not sure how. "He is a well known underground dancer and beatboxer I think he may have even performed to one of your tracks."