42

"Ugh why do these packets have to be so long". I complained

"She is in a Psychiatric ward Auriel, she went crazy after she lost the kids. It's going to take a lot more than a 'oh let me keep her' to get her out". He schooled me

"Ugh, because of you I just ruined my relationship". I groaned

"How?". He seemed concerned

"My boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him, I told him I wasn't with no one and then you walked in and made it look like I was lying". I explained

"Well he's a idiot, any guy who thinks you would cheat is a fool". He looked up and flashed a smile. That's the first time I ever seen that.

"Thanks Mr. Matthews".

"No worries kiddo, after what you did for my sons I can't thank you and your family enough".

"I love Joey he's my Best- friend and Logan is a brother to me I'd do anything for them".

"Well for that I thank you, your like the daughter I'd always wish I had". He smiled I giggled and thanked him for comforting me in my time of need.

Once he finished the stack of papers he handed them to the nurse and she of course had to take her time to analyze every paper. She picked up a phone that was on the inside of her desk and spoke into it.

"Can you get Cheryl Matthews for me.....yeah....uh huh.... yeah she's being released....okay, okay thank you". She put the phone down and we walked back to our seats. A few minutes later Cheryl was escorted into the lobby area.

"Mrs. Matthews". I stood and walked over to her.

"Oh thank you so much dear, you've finally got me out, what is your name?".

"I'm Auriel". I smiled

"Such a beautiful name, like the little Mermaid so beautiful".

"Thank you". I smiled

I walked her out to my car and let her sit in the front. I got in the car and looked out the window.

"Mr. Matthews you coming?". I asked

"No I'll uh... just make my way home myself it's fine no need. You've done enough". He turned to walk away when I called out to him.

"Mr. Matthews". I called. He stopped his tracks and turned around.

"Yes?".

"Let me take you home, it's dark and dangerous". I insisted

He smiled and got into the back seat of the car. As I drove back there were no words exchanged between the couple. Mr.Matthews is acting as if we didn't just take his wife out a mental facility.

I hope she's stable, I mean she's been there ever since she's lost Joey and Logan and that was about 12-15 years ago. I pulled back into the creepy looking complex that Mr. Matthews calls a home and I let him get out.

"Thanks for the ride Auriel, thanks for everything". He turned and walking into the place and I didn't say anything to him.

I pulled off in a hurry wanting to get away from that place as soon as possible. It took a hour to get back into the city. I've been gone all day, I hope Joey appreciates this.

"This is such a nice city... it's been years since I've seen anything but that brown room".

"We are almost there, get ready". I said excitedly

I pulled into my normal parking space and got out the car along with Mrs. Matthews. I grabbed her hand and she held on as tightly as she could and I walked her up to my apartment room. I stopped at the door looking at her before I walked in.

"Okay Joey might not know who you are, just bare with him okay". I told

"Of course".

I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. I pointed to my bedroom and Mrs. Matthews walked inside.

"Joey". I called out

I heard footsteps hitting the floor hard and fast. Joey popped into the room and picked me up and shook my body like a rag doll.

"Bitch where have you been I've been texting and calling ALL DAY! You could have been DEAD! Next time you do something like this-"

"MRS.MATTHEWS". I cut him off.

The fragile older lady emerged from my bedroom and slowly made her way towards us.

"Auriel who is this". Joey asked

"Joey...this is...Your Mother".